ADVERTISEMENT

2022-23 Pitt season post mortem

jlazinger

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2011
Incredible season and thoughts below:
  • I know we all hate moving the goal posts but I'll do it anyway. If I told you that:
    • We would win TWELVE more games than last year (or put another way exactly double)...
    • ...without Hughley, Dior, a committed recruit, and Jeffres..
    • ...we would win 2 tournament games...
    • ...have our first tourney "upset" since 2016..
    • ...and have our biggest seed upset EVER.
  • You would take it!
  • One of the sliding doors moments will forever be the blown all at the end of the Kennesaw State game. Not only cost me $500 on the money line but gave us a tougher opponent.
  • I still hate Sean Miller no. No, you never came back because we wouldn't touch you after you got caught cheating on wire tap.
  • We are losing A LOT of talent and experience. Let's hope we can fill the holes with the portal and some contributions from the recruits.
  • In the end, this team just wore down. Even including the two NCAA wins, the shots stopped falling as the legs tired. We only made 6 threes and hit 65% of of FTs against Xavier. In a game we lost by 11, add three more at the line and one more three and we are suddenly only down by 5 in that game.
  • The twins should have this as a plan this summer - protein shakes, grilled chicken, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Even if they add 15 lbs, they are still small for a seven footer at 220.
I had a lot of fun on the board this season. Let's hope we turn to a 10 win season in football this year!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News