ADVERTISEMENT

2026 World Cup Final

I guess Jerry Jones didn't come up with enough bribe money after all.

I thought that Arlington got it? Wasnt that announced? As for the grass thing, was it necessary to tweet that? Doesnt everyone know that they dont play World Cup soccer on turf? What I am hoping that FIFA requires is that the outdoor venues rip out the turf and plant real grass 6 months to 1 year prior. None of this laying garbage grass patches overtop the turf. Make the Jets and Giants play on grass a few years. They will survive. I guess for Arlington and Vancouver, they need to put down the portable crap grass. But for Seattle, Atlanta, and the others, it needs to be legit planted grass.

I thought that Arlington got it? Wasnt that announced? As for the grass thing, was it necessary to tweet that? Doesnt everyone know that they dont play World Cup soccer on turf? What I am hoping that FIFA requires is that the outdoor venues rip out the turf and plant real grass 6 months to 1 year prior. None of this laying garbage grass patches overtop the turf. Make the Jets and Giants play on grass a few years. They will survive. I guess for Arlington and Vancouver, they need to put down the portable crap grass. But for Seattle, Atlanta, and the others, it needs to be legit planted grass.
I really haven’t paid attention but maybe Jerry got the Copa Final?

No. Miami Gardens did. Also, the USMNT plays in LA twice? WTF? Mexico City with the opening match? Frickin FIFA man. So stupid.
What would a big MNT match be without having to stay up for a 10:30 kickoff. ??

What would a big MNT match be without having to stay up for a 10:30 kickoff. ??

Kickoff times will be interesting. In Brazil, where they were 1 hour ahead of Eastern time, I think they were like noon, 3, and 6 so I'd expect roughly the same. Most of the money is made from TV so they need the games to be on at reasonable times in Europe. With 48 teams, maybe you do 4 games per day but I think that would just add a 10AM game instead of 10PM. Cant gave games at 3AM or 4AM in Europe. What's funny is that the heat will be much more of a factor in the US than it was in Qatar. Just about all the outdoor games will be played in sunlight and some games will have temps nearing 100 degrees, especially in Miami. I would put the outdoor games at 10AM as much as possible.

No. Miami Gardens did. Also, the USMNT plays in LA twice? WTF? Mexico City with the opening match? Frickin FIFA man. So stupid.

Did you really not expect Mexico City to get the tournament opening game? That was the bone that they threw them because they aren't getting any of the important knockout games.

You actually think the FIFA big whigs want to hang out in the Dallas-Ft. Worth suburbs the week of the final?

The FIFA big wigs hung out for over a month in Qatar for the last World Cup and they are going to hang out in Saudi Arabia in 2032. At this point it should be abundantly clear that they will hang out anywhere that pays the biggest bride, er, ah, I mean in one of the world's great cities.

Yeah, that's it. World's greatest cities.

The FIFA big wigs hung out for over a month in Qatar for the last World Cup and they are going to hang out in Saudi Arabia in 2032. At this point it should be abundantly clear that they will hang out anywhere that pays the biggest bride, er, ah, I mean in one of the world's great cities.

Sounds like they like hanging out with oil producers. If only JR Ewing was still greasing palms in the Dallas area and lining up skanks for business deals, then Jerry might have got the big matches.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan

Sure cash is nice but you expect the FIFA big whigs to slum it in the DFW version of 4 star hotels when they can each have their own penthouse at The Pierre, The Plaza, Mandarin Oriental, Four Seasons and so on, plus dinning out at Michelin 5 star restaurants.

FIFA doesn't allow stadiums to be called by their sponsored names unless that sponsor is also a WC sponsor. Honestly, I dont really blame them. Remember when the NCAA used to make the Civic Arena cover up those huge rooftop logos and the Power of Bowser stickers on the steps? Of course, the NCAA is probably about as evil as FIFA.

New York New Jersey Stadium sounds stupid though. Why not ummm.....Meadowlands Stadium?

SoCal Stadium (instead of SoFi)
NorCal Stadium or Bay Stadium in Santa Clara

Georgia Dome (for old-time's sake)

Seattle Stadium sounds right.

How bout the National Stadium in Toronto?

Tepper Stadium in Charlotte

Taylor Swift Stadium in KC

Metroplex Stadium in Arlington

Use some creativity. I shouldn't have to be in charge of everything

Did you really not expect Mexico City to get the tournament opening game? That was the bone that they threw them because they aren't getting any of the important knockout games.

I guess its the least they could do because I figured they'd base half the bracket (24 teams) in the US, 12 in Mexico and 12 in Canada and then the Mexico and Canada based teams would stay in country until through the Round of 16 with the "Mexico Champ" playing the "Canada Champ" in the quarters. I thought that would make it easy for traveling fans instead or crossing international borders frequently. Though, perhaps FIFA sees how easy it is to cross our borders anyway so they figure WC fans can just sneak back and forth. That one's for you, FK!

As it is, I think there's only going to be 20 group stage games outside the US, the equivalent of only 3 4 team groups + 2 extra games. There will also only be 2 Round of 32 games outside the US. So Mexico and Canada will be playing in the US from the Round of 16 on if they make it.

I guess its the least they could do because I figured they'd base half the bracket (24 teams) in the US, 12 in Mexico and 12 in Canada and then the Mexico and Canada based teams would stay in country until through the Round of 16 with the "Mexico Champ" playing the "Canada Champ" in the quarters. I thought that would make it easy for traveling fans instead or crossing international borders frequently. Though, perhaps FIFA sees how easy it is to cross our borders anyway so they figure WC fans can just sneak back and forth. That one's for you, FK!

As it is, I think there's only going to be 20 group stage games outside the US, the equivalent of only 3 4 team groups + 2 extra games. There will also only be 2 Round of 32 games outside the US. So Mexico and Canada will be playing in the US from the Round of 16 on if they make it.

The whole thing is regional. Three regions, east, central and west. I think the Canucks (and whomever gets put in their group) are the only ones who are playing across regions in the group stage. That's why all three US games are in on the west coast, the US's group is a western based group. The idea is that teams can base themselves in their region and cut down on the travel.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT