ADVERTISEMENT

24/25 Lineup + Transfer Speculation (Coming and Going)

Gavin and Hill must have an agreement in place. This is at least the 3rd panther wrestler to transfer there in the last couple years.

Reactions: cdheller76
Well I would hope Pitt would have multiple ncaa qualifiers a year considering they have 7x the funding Edinboro has. My nephew wrestled for Edinboro in the early 2000’s and it was ncaa finalist year after year

It’s a shame how far that program has fallen since Flynn left. I went to school there in the late OO’s and they had some good teams. The portal has been brutal to them. They’ve lost so many good wrestlers in recent years to the portal.

Reactions: Realbrosgbg111
Babin was a former round of 16 wrestler, so that’s a good pickup, but curious about this one. I’m sure both him and Tallmadge are expecting to start and neither are transferring here to be backups. My guess is Tallmadge is still dealing with the injury that ended his season last year and doesn’t think he will be ready for next year?

Reactions: wrestlingfan22
Babin was a former round of 16 wrestler, so that’s a good pickup, but curious about this one. I’m sure both him and Tallmadge are expecting to start and neither are transferring here to be backups. My guess is Tallmadge is still dealing with the injury that ended his season last year and doesn’t think he will be ready for next year?
Babin only has 1 year left I think and probably thinks he can win the spot. Tallamadge would sit/redshirt because he maybe/technically never used one at naval academy.

He will be an AA this year, lost 2-1 to Shane Griffith at 174 and wrestled Mesenbrink closer than anyone but Carr all year.

Terrell Barraclaugh has entered the portal, would be a nice get at 165 if the staff doesn’t think MacKay is ready yet.
should do everything we can to bring him in. Only here for 1 year so won’t block recruits long term and is a real all American caliber wrestler

Asu has been a name I heard during the season. UVU would bring him to his home state. Nebraska should have an opening at 165 so it would make sense.

Well, the good thing there is they already have Antrell Taylor, who was an All-American so unless he would go 174. but who knows pitt might not even be looking at him

Gerrit Nijenhuis has entered the portal. Obvious candidate if he goes 165. Been back and forth between 165 and 174 throughout his career. I feel like his best performances have been at 165 but not sure about the weight cut

Reactions: wrestlingfan22
I have no clue where he might go. He has been a Michigan man since birth essentially as his whole family went there and He grew up in the state. Wasn’t expecting to see that portal entry but maybe he just wants to see whatever the best masters program he wants could be the place to go

I have no clue where he might go. He has been a Michigan man since birth essentially as his whole family went there and He grew up in the state. Wasn’t expecting to see that portal entry but maybe he just wants to see whatever the best masters program he wants could be the place to go
Michigan wanted him to wrestle at 174 next year and maybe he didn't want to go up. He is a good wrestler that is incredibly boring to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT