ADVERTISEMENT

45 more points for Marion

And I would put the chances that Addison stayed at 50 percent. People say, well why didnt he follow him to Texas? I didnt say Marion was like a dad to him or was that incredibly loyal. Addison lost everything here. A Heisman QB, OC, and WR coach and was probably getting that anxiety of how next season was going to be. Even when USC came calling, had Marion been the OC, he could have reassured Addison that everything would be ok so when we did match (as was reported), Addison stays. Guarantee? No. But a chance.
Why was Pitt trying to only match? Pitt should have been out in front of that.

A "matching" an offer is just so bush league. Whatever USC is offering, you have to go significantly higher. JA was a proven game changer. This isn't the same as paying some 5-star high school kid.

I always wonder why Sarkisan didn't can retread Kyle Flood in 2021 and just bring in Marion as the OC when they finished 5-7? What perplexes me even more with all the resources they didn't retain Marion and just promote him in 2023 when they finished 8-5 in 2022? I mean with all the money Texas has to spend they wouldn't want the best? Clearly, Sark made a huge mistake.

I always wonder why Sarkisan didn't can retread Kyle Flood in 2021 and just bring in Marion as the OC when they finished 5-7? What perplexes me even more with all the resources they didn't retain Marion and just promote him in 2023 when they finished 8-5 in 2022? I mean with all the money Texas has to spend they wouldn't want the best? Clearly, Sark made a huge mistake.

Texas can do a lot better than an unproven guy like Marion. They are a blue blood. We cannot. And we did not.

Reactions: jctrack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT