ADVERTISEMENT

966 versus 409

Pitt-Chains

Heisman Candidate
Aug 25, 2014
Does the Cuse make t-shirts and bumper stickers like the cult ?

I know the answer... NO.

Since the NCAA restored jo pa's wins despite the fact that he was the principal person in the cover-up of Sandusky's sexual abuse--how can they take away any coach's wins. Jo pa did the most reprehensible thing that a person could do (willfully look away from ongoing sexual abuse and engage in a conspiracy to cover it up) and if his amoral behavior did not warrant forfeiture of the wins then the mere violation of NCAA regs should not result in such win forfeiture by other coaches.

Just my opinion, but I've always thought the idea of "vacating" wins was stupid. You cannot take away history. If I was at one of those games....did I not see what happened and who won? To the extent the NCAA really wants to punish schools for breaking their rules [and I'm not entirely convinced that is what they want to do], there are far better forms of punishment. Ban television appearances. Ban post season participation. Reduce scholarships. And fine the Universities....with significant million dollar fines. Syracuse earned their punishment...so not shedding any tears for them. Hail to Pitt!

The most effective punishment is hitting them in the wallet. Vacating wins is just dumb.

I marvel at the cesspool that is college athletics. All of us complain about our teams here at Pitt, but they haven't embarrassed us with scandal and cheating. Hope it stays that way.

I agree that vacating wins is stupid and serves no real purpose. How about a year post season ban for every year there's evidence of cheating? That would have some real impact and serve as a deterrent. As it stands now, it's pretty clear that cheating pays. The NCAA is a joke.
Originally posted by Zeldas Greenhouse:
The most effective punishment is hitting them in the wallet. Vacating wins is just dumb.

I marvel at the cesspool that is college athletics. All of us complain about our teams here at Pitt, but they haven't embarrassed us with scandal and cheating. Hope it stays that way.

Syr should have to repay any $$ received through their tourney appearances in those years. Vacating wins is a blow to a coach's ego, and in some cases it would be a substantial blow, but beyond that it's useless

Wonder if Syracuse students flocked to Boeheim's front lawn for him to lead them in a cheer after the report was released? Does Jim have any family members looking to appear on every ESPN show and claim Jim is old and didn't know what was going on? Now that the **** has hit the fan, does Jim wish he had done more when he had the chance?

This post was edited on 3/7 4:53 PM by Joe Pa Thetic

There is a bit more parallel....since he had his own assistant that was having sex with boys. Was a bit surprised that nothing more came of that episode. Syracuse....such a depressing place....guess they just need a bit more sunshine. Hail to Pitt!

It's not like Boeheim had someone personally tell him that a kid was being sodomized on campus and did nothing about it or told a grand jury that that he was informed that something of a "sexual nature" was happening between Bernie Fine and a minor.

That the monumental difference that the Pedsters giving St. Joe a pass never want to acknowledge when comparing St. Joe and Boeheim.

This post was edited on 3/7 11:51 PM by Joe Pa Thetic

Per State set the precedent

Syracuse alums should file a suit ASAP - settle out of court - get everything reinstated and agree that the NCAA did the right thing and move on.

Is there any other group in college sports that is more irrelevant than the NCAA?
What a complete joke they are. From the long ponderous investigations, to the failure to investigate open violations, to the lack of consistency in anything, to the silly penalties.
Then they hire a clown like Oliver "no it's not an overbite - I'm part beaver" Luck
Should be completely disbanded.

Vacating wins? Egads what a terrible punishment. Only a nut over the top cult member would care.
Just make sure the record books are written in pencil and not ink.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT