ADVERTISEMENT

A Few Things I Have Heard

Matt Steinbrink

Head Coach
Gold Member
Nov 6, 2002
Just random whispers of basketball conversations. None of it is confirmed or 100%, but just figured I would share.

Judah Mintz likely out of Syracuse and headed to Georgetown.

Keep an eye on PJ Hall making a move to North Carolina.

Expect big Cliff from Rutgers to end up at Seton Hall. Bradshaw from Kentucky may take his place at Rutgers.

Louisville is scrambling a bit. May was their top choice. Although it is one of the top jobs available, the gig has taken a bit of a hit. It is no different than any other job really. Mack struggled, and then Payne was a disaster. Regardless of the reasons, the profession obviously is going to take notice. Only natural. Similar to how Pitt went from Dixon to Stallings. We will see what happens there.

Things are fairly quiet for Pitt. They are working on closing deals with the guards. Everything is positive and optimistic with Bub right now, but I think it is still a bit emotional. Would be shocked if he doesn't go through the process. I'd imagine Capel will recommend he go through the process. Just saying, I would not take any quotes or reports as gospel. If Bub plays again in college, it will likely be at Pitt. He is loyal and the family is tied to Capel. However, it won't be cheap. All things equal, it will be Pitt. If it's close, probably Pitt.

Like I said, I felt that Pitt and Wake should have also been in the tournament. I think both teams were capable of winning at least two games. It really is unfortunate.

When you watch these games, most of these smaller schools have competent post players that can give you roughly what Federiko did. In most cases, more. These guys are not going to cost you a fortune. Plane rides and better food still mean something. Even when it feels out of control and that everyone gets a million dollars. As an example, the four from Oakland can flat out play. He would fit in perfectly at a high major. There are so many players out there. It is about fit and role. There will be money spent, but there is more to it than just money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News