ADVERTISEMENT

ACC and PAC12 need to think big

Pitt4Life34

Chancellor
Gold Member
Nov 5, 2002
Pittsburgh
Talked with another Lair handle today and he has the best strategy I’ve heard IMO. I may not do this justice but I’ll try. The ACC and PAC12 should have a true merger. One 32 team Conference. The Atlantic Pacific Conference(APC). Minus ND(or put up shut up thing). ACC adds two teams from non PAC12. PAC12 adds 6 non ACC teams. Part of these 6 additions should include BYU, Oklahoma St, Kansas, Houston plus 2 others. ACC could add say WVU, Navy, TCU, Cincinnati or any other team they deem as bit fit.

Now comes the money discussion. All things on the table. For starters think Las Vegas. Kick the season off 4 games starting on a Thursday ending on Sunday. Start with say Florida State/Washington. Friday go with Utah/Miami. Saturday go with Stanford/UNC and finish Clemson/Oregon. You have 200,000 football fans invading Vegas. Wonder if the networks would be interested in that weekend?

Scheduling would be pretty much the 3,5,5 model still or a version of it. One cross country trip for everyone. No more.

Set up a killer rivalry weekend late.

Set up a workable conference championship in…. you got it, Las Vegas. Start it there and end there. You take Vegas as surrogate home and America owns it.

Put USC and UCLA on an Island.

Imagine hoops!!! Duke/Kansas and UNC/Arizona final four…….IN THE CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT!!!

Is this salable to networks? Has to be!

I‘m desperate and scared guys. Cut me a break.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News