ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Women's Soccer Tournament

Joe the Panther Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Jul 6, 2001
Notre Dame currently leads Clemson 2-0 well into the 2nd half. Assuming that they hold on and win, this should be the bracket for the tournament:

5 Pitt at 4 North Carolina, winner plays 1 Florida State in North Carolina in the semis.

6 Wake at 3 Clemson, winner plays 2 Notre Dame in North Carolina in the semis.

Pitt game should be either either 6:00 or 8:00 on Sunday night (you'd think they'd space them out a little more with the chance for overtime) on the ACC Network.

Reactions: Chaos
I wasn’t alive for the Football glory years. Was fortunate enough to live through the Dixon era.

… That is the most impressive victory I have ever witnessed as a Pitt fan. We just took out Anson Dorrance on his turf.

I wasn’t alive for the Football glory years. Was fortunate enough to live through the Dixon era.

… That is the most impressive victory I have ever witnessed as a Pitt fan. We just took out Anson Dorrance on his turf.
Big league stuff. This is a win they’ll be able to point to for years.

Reactions: PittMBA and phijo
Big league stuff. This is a win they’ll be able to point to for years.
And it is not like they were out of their element. Pitt's starters were every bit as good as North Carolinas. They outshot North Carolina and I believe they had more shots on goal. The only advantage that NC had was they were able to substitute more and their players were fresher. In my mind, the player of the match was Abiodun. She absolutely controlled the midfield and had 2 headers that required excellent saves from the NC goal keeper.

Reactions: pittchagg
Pitt wins! Real good match. Pitt was the better team. Tremendous effort by Phiri, Mertz and Abiodun. Clutch goal by West.
And let's not forget Breech-she had 3 AWESOME saves that were 1 v1 bw the UNC players and herself. H2P!

Reactions: phijo and gary2
Holy shit. How did I miss this? Biggest win in the history of the program and instead I watched the stupidest movie (5 Nights at Freddie’s). I’ve seen in a long time.

Awesome to see West cash in the game winner of the biggest win in program history after all she has accomplished in her career, missing last year with an injury, and sticking around to see the program reach this point. Her reaction was priceless.

There are some WSOC bracketologists out there and one of the main guys has Pitt as a 4 seed. He also has PSU as a #1 ( I think they are basically guaranteed that seed at this point). Could be a potential Sweet 16 meeting at PSU.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
There are some WSOC bracketologists out there and one of the main guys has Pitt as a 4 seed. He also has PSU as a #1 ( I think they are basically guaranteed that seed at this point). Could be a potential Sweet 16 meeting at PSU.
I would be shocked if they don't make that happen, tbh. Unless of course Pitt wins the ACC Championship and gets a higher seed. H2P

Don’t know how thrilled Erica Dambach would be about the bracket shaking out that way.

For what it’s worth, they played UNC to a 0-0 draw in the season opener in State College. They’re obviously a great program with a star above their logo, but I’d argue that Pitt would come into that match a little more battle-tested, given the ACC’s overall strength compared to the Big Ten.

Don’t know how thrilled Erica Dambach would be about the bracket shaking out that way.

For what it’s worth, they played UNC to a 0-0 draw in the season opener in State College. They’re obviously a great program with a star above their logo, but I’d argue that Pitt would come into that match a little more battle-tested, given the ACC’s overall strength compared to the Big Ten.
You need to post more about soccer.

If Coffield’s free kick goes in rather than hitting the post, I wonder how different the game would have been. After FSU’s first goal, I thought Pitt had a brief spurt, but then lost focus.

The big difference to me was FSU’s speed.

I came away from the Pitt Fla St. game pleased. Florida St was just stronger and faster. The Pitt goal keeper was fabulous early keeping the game 0-0. The girls played a gritty game, and got their chances, but not nearly has many quality chances at Fla St. Nothing to complain out with this outcome really.

Reactions: jctrack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT