ADVERTISEMENT

Argentina Brazil

brdst11

Sophomore
Gold Member
Oct 12, 2002
Starts about a half hour late due to Argentina leaving the field following fighting between the teams' fans.

Thanks for reminding me about soccer. It’s a weak slate for sports tonight. I just turned on Paramount+ and it seems I have my pick of every Nations league match. So for shits and giggles I just put on Guyana vs Antiqua&Barbuda. I don’t know what these teams are playing for…maybe promotion into the upper tier? In any event it’s not in a stadium but on a decently manicured lit pitch.

SMH at Concacaf. Lol.

Reactions: brdst11
Thanks for reminding me about soccer. It’s a weak slate for sports tonight. I just turned on Paramount+ and it seems I have my pick of every Nations league match. So for shits and giggles I just put on Guyana vs Antiqua&Barbuda. I don’t know what these teams are playing for…maybe promotion into the upper tier? In any event it’s not in a stadium but on a decently manicured lit pitch.

SMH at Concacaf. Lol.
Mexico Honduras should be a good game

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Mexico Honduras should be a good game
Ok turned off that game I was checking out and now have on Canada vs Jamaica. Weird watching a game that was probably on some Caribbean island to now seeing all the fans in winter coats and scarves in Canada.

Jamaica just tied Canada on aggregate on a brace from Nicholson. Two goals in 5 minutes. Things just got interesting. What a great goal in the 66th minute. Canada is stunned.

What a pass from Damari Gray. Jamaica has some high end talent. Leon Bailey should have a couple goals too.

Last edited:
And just like that Canada goes up again. Lol. What a match.

Edit: and now 5 minutes later Jamaica is awarded a penalty and Bobby Reid from Fulham rips home the goal. @Allan McMurray

Reggae Boys tie it in aggregate 4-4 but up on away goals!!

Last edited:
I’m talking to myself here but that’s ok I’m enjoying this match. Gray just got a 2nd yellow. Jamaica down to 10. 86th minute.

I didn’t realize Gray now plays in Saudi Arabia.

I’m talking to myself here but that’s ok I’m enjoying this match. Gray just got a 2nd yellow. Jamaica down to 10. 86th minute.

Trying to watch both games. Nicolas Otamendi puts Argentina up 1 0 on a header off a corner

Huge win for Jamaica. Glad we ended up with T and T instead of them.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I can’t believe it. Canada is out of Copa america!

Oddly enough, I seem to have it on two different Spanish language channels. TUDN and Unimas.

Heading to the half, Mexico leads 1-0. Down 2-1 on the aggregate.
You must have some package that you subscribe to on your provider. Both networks for me require a subscription.

I should call my brother. He married into a Mexican family. He probably has every Mexican channel from the Rio Grande to the Yucatán. And if he liked soccer he’d probably be rooting for El Tri. Lol.

It looks like the playoffs for the Copa America spots will be Canada v T and T and Costa Rica v the Mexico - Honduras loser.

In the Nations League semifinal the US could play Panama if Honduras comes out and scores like crazy in the second half (they'd need a three goal or larger win), otherwise a Honduras win or tie or one goal loss would have the US playing Honduras, a three goal Mexico win would have the US playing Mexico, and a two goal Mexico win depends on goals scored as to whom the US would play between the Mexico - Honduras tiebreaker winner and Jamaica.

If this game ends 2-0 Mexico I wonder what they do? 2-2 on aggregate, 0-0 on away goals, do they play extra time? Penalties? Fair play points? For all I know these Spanish announcers have already laid it out for me.

It looks like the playoffs for the Copa America spots will be Canada v T and T and Costa Rica v the Mexico - Honduras loser.

In the Nations League semifinal the US could play Panama if Honduras comes out and scores like crazy in the second half (they'd need a three goal or larger win), otherwise a Honduras win or tie or one goal loss would have the US playing Honduras, a three goal Mexico win would have the US playing Mexico, and a two goal Mexico win depends on goals scored as to whom the US would play between the Mexico - Honduras tiebreaker winner and Jamaica.

If this game ends 2-0 Mexico I wonder what they do? 2-2 on aggregate, 0-0 on away goals, do they play extra time? Penalties? Fair play points? For all I know these Spanish announcers have already laid it out for me.
Extra time I believe. That’s what would have happened in the Canada game until Jamaica went up on away goals.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
You must have some package that you subscribe to on your provider. Both networks for me require a subscription.

I have Fubo tv, and they have so many oddball channels that show weird sporting events at various times that I can't count them all. There are several channels right now showing various boxing/MMA fights, there's motorcycle racing on one, E Sports, poker, pickleball, cornhole, lacrosse, billiards, surfing, I have Real Madrid TV, which is showing a replay of one of their champions leagues games, a BeIn channel that is showing a French league replay featuring PSG, and for some reason, a channel showing a replay of the Mexico - Ghana friendly from the last international window (because I guess there are some people who would rather be watching that than the live Mexico game?).

And that doesn't even include all the ESPN and Fox and conference network channels with sports on them right now. When they advertise that Fubo has lots of sports channels, they are not kidding.

• Wow
Reactions: Fk_Pitt and brdst11
The Mexican goalie just made a great save on a header from right in front of the goal to keep the Mexicans ahead 1-0.

And Mexico just put a header wide off a corner with the Honduran goalie way out of the net. With how open this game is right now I would be surprised if someone doesn't score here before too long.

BTW, it is pouring down rain in Mexico City at the moment.

And Mexico just put a header wide off a corner with the Honduran goalie way out of the net. With how open this game is right now I would be surprised if someone doesn't score here before too long.

BTW, it is pouring down rain in Mexico City at the moment.
I thought it might make sense for Honduras to attack early, trying to go up 3 0 with an away goal. But at this point, shouldn't they be hunkering down?

I thought it might make sense for Honduras to attack early, trying to go up 3 0 with an away goal. But at this point, shouldn't they be hunkering down?

Well for the last 10 - 15 minutes Honduras has parked the bus. They aren't even getting any hold up from their forwards, they are just kicking the ball up the field as far as they can to whichever Mexican player is closest to it.

Mexico almost had a goal on a goal mouth scramble in the 88th, but a Honduran defender cleared the ball off the line. They've had a couple other really good chances, but can't (so far) put the ball in the goal. They are playing nine minutes of stoppage time, but the Honduran goalie was down for a long time in stoppage time, so they should probably be playing at least 11 or 12 minutes of extra time here.

Mexico puts one just over the crossbar in the 99th, but they rule the goalie got a touch on it (and if he did it was a good save), and then off the corner Mexico heads another one just over the crossbar.

Now in the 101st.

Well for the last 10 - 15 minutes Honduras has parked the bus. They aren't even getting any hold up from their forwards, they are just kicking the ball up the field as far as they can to whichever Mexican player is closest to it.

Mexico almost had a goal on a goal mouth scramble in the 88th, but a Honduran defender cleared the ball off the line. They've had a couple other really good chances, but can't (so far) put the ball in the goal. They are playing nine minutes of stoppage time, but the Honduran goalie was down for a long time in stoppage time, so they should probably be playing at least 11 or 12 minutes of extra time here.
Felt like that was coming. Mexico ties it late

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
So then the US plays Mexico in March? Wow. No Dest…no problem. Hopefully guys like Pulisic and Weah are healthy then. And wow, how about Tyler Adams…wonder if he will be in form then. He’s coming up on almost a year now with his injury.

So then the US plays Mexico in March? Wow. No Dest…no problem. Hopefully guys like Pulisic and Weah are healthy then. And wow, how about Tyler Adams…wonder if he will be in form then. He’s coming up on almost a year now with his injury.
I think US plays Jamaica and Mexico plays Panama. Neither of those games is a given

Reactions: jctrack
I think US plays Jamaica and Mexico plays Panama. Neither of those games is a given
That would make sense but trying to figure it out, I came to the conclusion it was Mexico. Glad to be wrong though. Lol

That would make sense but trying to figure it out, I came to the conclusion it was Mexico. Glad to be wrong though. Lol

If Mexico had won 3-0 it would have been US - Mexico. I think even if the goal had been scored in extra time. But because the game went to penalties Mexico did not get credit for a goal on their goal difference for that, so Jamaica and Mexico ended up tied with three points and a zero goal difference. So Jamaica ended up in 3rd on total goals scored, 4-2, over Mexico.

Those two were also tied with the US, but the US got second on goal difference, +2.

So if Dest hadn't gotten his red card and the US scored two more goals and won the game, it would have been US - Mexico in the semi. Does that mean that we owe him some thanks for his stupidity?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT