ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball

Nish67

Redshirt
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2001
A few months ago I wrote about a 2015 baseball recruit, Wesley Rodriguez, from my old high school in New York City, George Washington. I go to three or four games a year and have watched Wesley since he was a freshman. I saw him play last week. He went 2-3 with a long home run over the right center field fence. I said he was the best hitter at GW since Manny Ramirez. Here's what he's done so far after 5 games: 11-14, .786 batting average with 4 home runs and no strikeouts. After three years as the starting third baseman, he now plays shortstop. But he's also the closer and gets a few starts against the top opponents. His line so far is 9 innings pitched, 25 strikeouts with a .000 ERA. They started him this past weekend against GW's top rival, James Monroe. Both teams are made up predominately of Dominicans and the level of baseball is ridiculously high. By his ERA you know already that he shut out Monroe but the point to be made is he hit 98 mph on his last pitch. The downside is there were 40 scouts watching. Jordano lost two recruits last year to the draft. I'm hoping Wesley makes it to Pitt. His mom wants him to get a degree but the neighborhood is poor and the money too hard to turn down. The other point here is that Jordano landed this kid against the top teams in the country, which is saying a lot.

Nish67 ......

I remember you talking about this kid previously ...... he sounds like a GREAT prospect ! ....... If he continues to do as well the rest of this season on his high school team, I suspect that he will be a high draft pick in the MLB Draft and never make it to Pitt ..... we'll see..... anyway, THANKS for the update !

Okay, I'll stop raving about this kid but you've got to watch the linked video in the article.

Doesn't seem likely that we'll be seeing this kid at Pitt. A power arm like that usually is a valuable commodity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT