ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 defense fallacies

JokePa

Sophomore
Dec 4, 2010
I love seeing Penn state get absolutely demolished

550 years given up and still more game to go… and against ole Miss, not exactly a powerhouse offense.

When you’re facing Iowa, umass, msu, Indiana, illinois, northwestern, Delaware Maryland and Rutgers it’s pretty easy to be topped ranked

I love seeing Penn state get absolutely demolished

550 years given up and still more game to go… and against ole Miss, not exactly a powerhouse offense.

When you’re facing Iowa, umass, msu, Indiana, illinois, northwestern, Delaware Maryland and Rutgers it’s pretty easy to be topped ranked
Your premise is correct. Only ranked in polls & stats because of weak schedule. However, Ole Miss is an elite offense.

Played 3 legit good teams and 0-3. Best win they had turns out to be WVU in the opener cause Iowa is another product of being good by beating no one.

Big Ten offenses are so bad. That said, I do think that defenses in the B10 are legitimately good. As good as SEC? No. But B10 defenses are better than ACC, B12. B10 offenses are not as good as ACC, B12. Has something to do with the type of HS players that the upper midwest produces.

Big Ten offenses are so bad. That said, I do think that defenses in the B10 are legitimately good. As good as SEC? No. But B10 defenses are better than ACC, B12. B10 offenses are not as good as ACC, B12. Has something to do with the type of HS players that the upper midwest produces.
Big 10 is the 2nd best conference most years, but they are light years behind the SEC. It doesn’t matter if you compare offenses, defenses, coaches, or whatever.

I want to say it’s cyclical to some respects, but the trend in this country is showing a population shift to SEC territory, I don’t see it changing anytime soon.

Big 10 is the 2nd best conference most years, but they are light years behind the SEC. It doesn’t matter if you compare offenses, defenses, coaches, or whatever.

I want to say it’s cyclical to some respects, but the trend in this country is showing a population shift to SEC territory, I don’t see it changing anytime soon.

I dont agree.

Its

1. SEC

Big gap

2,3,4,5 the other 4 depending on the year

I dont agree.

Its

1. SEC

Big gap

2,3,4,5 the other 4 depending on the year
I guess I’ll say as long as Harbaugh is at Michigan the Big 10 will have two teams that are a lot better than the top 2 in the ACC or Big 12. Once you get past the top few schools I agree the difference in talent isn’t all that much.

They've had a pretty good gig. Beat the mediocre and poor teams, get whopped by the conference contenders, but still get ranked highly. It works, but Franklin isn't a good enough coach to capitalize. Going to get more difficult with Oregon, USC and Washington coming in.

Reactions: columbus mike
Big 10 is the 2nd best conference most years,
Not top to bottom, no way. Michigan/OSU, ok can compete at the highest level. 4th level, Purdue, Northwestern, Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, now Maryland, Rutgers, Nebraska, there are 8 long standing below average out of the top 20 programs. I'll give you that Iowa, Michigan State and Wisconsin can be considered tough games for the most part. PSU stands alone one in the second tier.

They've had a pretty good gig. Beat the mediocre and poor teams, get whopped by the conference contenders, but still get ranked highly. It works, but Franklin isn't a good enough coach to capitalize. Going to get more difficult with Oregon, USC and Washington coming in.
Recruit well
Spend a shit load of money on the football program
Pay the head coach $10m/year
Get pre-season ranked in the top 10
Play a weak out of conference schedule (admittedly)
Play the weak Big 10 teams to stay undefeated through October (and there are a BUNCH of weak teams in the Big 10) to set up Top 7 matchups against the 2 good Big 10 teams
Lose to Ohio State
Lose to Michigan
Lose to good teams in a bowl game

Next season, rinse and repeat

Reactions: HailtoPitt
They've had a pretty good gig. Beat the mediocre and poor teams, get whopped by the conference contenders, but still get ranked highly. It works, but Franklin isn't a good enough coach to capitalize. Going to get more difficult with Oregon, USC and Washington coming in.C

Can you just see the look on the players faces from USC and UCLA when they get off the plane in creepy valley!

I demand photos!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT