ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten has now lost 8 title games in a row

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Been 24 years since the Flintstones won it.

What's impressive though is every Big Ten team except PSU, Neb, NW, Min, Iowa (plus Rut/Md) has played in the NC since the last time the league won it. Lots of good programs. No great programs.

What's impressive though is every Big Ten team except PSU, Neb, NW, Min, Iowa (plus Rut/Md) has played in the NC since the last time the league won it. Lots of good programs. No great programs.
They don’t have an elite basketball brand in their conference. They have some programs, but once Izzo leaves they lose their marquee coach as well.

Loved that Florida team. One of my favorite college teams of all time... Mike Miller, Udonis Haslam, Brent Nelson, Teddy Dupay, Donnell Harvey, and Big Red Matt Bonner.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
And I don't think the addition of UCLA - despite their historic success and blue blood status - will change that in the next year

Of course it doesn't. UCLA and Oregon add 2 "Ohio State-like" programs in that they are good programs, can sometimes make a FF or Elite 8 run but wont win any Natty's

I certainly expect that UCLA will rebound (no pun intended) and rediscover their "blue bloodishness". But not next year
Cronin has done well there but not sure I see this coming. It's been a long while now. They made a run with Cronin but their last chsmpionship level teams were Howland with Love and Westbrook. Just ran into Florida back then.

Every Big Ten team has played in the NC in that time ...except half of them lol

This statement is like that every Super Bowl has had a PSU alum, except for a whole bunch of them....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT