ADVERTISEMENT

Big12 chatter

The number one mistake people make when discussing realignment is theu approach it as though there is from central governing body or some master plan. There are no such things on either count. It is about as haphazard as it gets.

I have no idea what's going to become WVU, Pitt, Syracuse, or anyone else? However, I do know there is no central group making these decisions.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
The number one mistake people make when discussing realignment is theu approach it as though there is from central governing body or some master plan. There are no such things on either count. It is about as haphazard as it gets.

I have no idea what's going to become WVU, Pitt, Syracuse, or anyone else? However, I do know there is no central group making these decisions.
Yep, it is act then react and it has been happening when Conferences knew they had to do something about Independents taking much of the Bowl Money and keeping it all from the Big Bowls in the 1980s.

The evolution of increased University Property Rights from the Supreme Court that removed the NCAA from Scheduling Football and went to Schools and conveyed to Conferences, Increased TV Ratings, Payment And Cable Subscribers Networks, and caused the invitations, mergers, expansions, and eventually BCS to CFB Playoff!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT