ADVERTISEMENT

Bub gone?

A presser with support from the HC would shield him from that... ya think said idiots have such blind devotion to the one bid messiah that is Capel that that would be the case? Me thinks not...

True. But it doesn't leave the player feeling like the program left him out there hanging by himself. It let's him know he has support from people that matter and feel appreciated by Pitt. I think that's important.

Reactions: buckage
True. But it doesn't leave the player feeling like the program left him out there hanging by himself. It let's him know he has support from people that matter and feel appreciated by Pitt. I think that's important.
Dude would be making a choice to leave the team. He is making an adult decision. He doesn’t need to be coddled. You think Pitt fans are bad, just wait til he gets nba criticism.

Last edited:
Dude is abandoning the team. He is making an adult decision. He doesn’t need to be coddled. You think Pitt fans are bad, just wait til he gets nba criticism.

For starters, we don't even know exactly what today's presser is about, or that Carrington is the player.

If he does declare for the draft, he isn't abandoning anything.

People were idiots to believe an 18-year-old saying he's coming back in the heat of a loss meant anything in the first place. But of course you couldn't tell them they were silly to believe it at the time without being labeled a troll. We have some dodo cheerleaders in this fan base who can't look at anything with an ounce of objectivity.
And Pitt also has some fans who are completely pessimistic.

What's kind of depressing about it is that we haven't gone so far as a Sweet 16 with any of those guys you mentioned here, and they have played, combined, in one NCAA Tournament game.

That Adams team was 11th in Pomeroy and NET mirrors Pomeroy. If NET was around back then, we would have been a 3-5 seed. Instead, we were an 8 seed and drew Wichita, who was 17th in Pomeroy.

Reactions: buckage
You seem nice
Who cares about being nice. If they are using a presser to promote him making a selfish choice to leave the team, then I have issues with that. Would I make the same choice, yes. Would I reward it with a presser, no. The real world is not a nice place. The association is not a nice place when they cut players. He is making an adult decision.

Who cares about being nice. If they are using a presser to promote him making a selfish choice to leave the team, then I have issues with that. Would I make the same choice, yes. Would I reward it with a presser, no. The real world is not a nice place. The association is not a nice place when they cut players. He is making an adult decision.
Gee, I don't know why former basketball players have little to nothing to do with our program.

Maybe being supportive now helps down the road.

Also, don't look up anything about Larry Fitzgerald.

Reactions: TD_6082

Really?

So if Bub goes on to have lots of $ucce$$, do you think he's going to be inclined to donate to the school or help fund a NIL if Pitt's response is little more than "don't let the door hit you in the ass."?

It's always good for the program for guys to be in a position to make these kind of decisions, regardless what they ultimately decide.

Oh well, bummer, but good luck to him. And hope the NIL money can land either Meleek Thomas or a couple of big time transfers. It'd be a shame to lose the momentum from the last two years, especially with a player as talented as Lowe handling the rock next year.

The audience here is not the fans, it's good recruits who want to play in the NBA someday, which is about all of them

Yea and I feel like if a marginal draft pick declares, that doesn't warrant a press conference because it might actually be a bad decision. But Bub is a 1st Rounder. This is different.

Gee, I don't know why former basketball players have little to nothing to do with our program.

Maybe being supportive now helps down the road.

Also, don't look up anything about Larry Fitzgerald.
Because the “fans” pushed out the greatest coach in Pitt history. You can still be supportive without throwing a press conference. Put out a nice statement, etc.

This is a recruiting tool. Come here, work hard, get honest feedback from your coach through his connections, get drafted, and have your coach support you.

First round draft picks are an attractive thing for great players.
This is definitely spinning a story ….

How about for one day we just admit the announcement sucks

Leave the spinning for a later date

Because the “fans” pushed out the greatest coach in Pitt history. You can still be supportive without throwing a press conference. Put out a nice statement, etc.
No...some jackass trucking company owner and a crap AD pushed him out.

This is a great day for Bub and, as was said before, a bittersweet day for most fans, the team and the coaches.

I'll choose to be happy for the young man. I'll choose to look at the presser that recruits, especially Thomas, will hear about as making the bsituation situatuon.

You do you.

That Adams team was 11th in Pomeroy and NET mirrors Pomeroy. If NET was around back then, we would have been a 3-5 seed. Instead, we were an 8 seed and drew Wichita, who was 17th in Pomeroy.
Exactly! That's exactly the kind of thing that makes it kind of depressing that our highest profile prospects come and go often without so much as a single NCAA tournament win.

Yea and I feel like if a marginal draft pick declares, that doesn't warrant a press conference because it might actually be a bad decision. But Bub is a 1st Rounder. This is different.

Exactly! That's exactly the kind of thing that makes it kind of depressing that our highest profile prospects come and go often without so much as a single NCAA tournament win.
Exactly - I was thinking this is Adams part 2

Not unexpected but honestly to me he doesn’t look ready for the NBA either. Just my opinion.

Yeah. He’s currently projected as a late first round pick. That’s great but if I’m him, I take the NIL money and try to get top 10 money next year.

Reactions: SteelBowl70
Would I reward it with a presser, no
He is gone, use his springboard to the NBA as a recruiting tool, man up, Pitt was looking for all star players when they recruited Bub, so nothing lost, back to recruiting.....

Not unexpected but honestly to me he doesn’t look ready for the NBA either. Just my opinion.

Have you seen some of the dudes in the NBA? Miles McBride from WVU is averaging 8 PPG. That's just one example but Bub is better right now. At worst, he is an 8th/9th man next year. At worst.

Yeah. He’s currently projected as a late first round pick. That’s great but if I’m him, I take the NIL money and try to get top 10 money next year.
This has been discussed ad nauseum. The draft is much better next year and he'll be a year older. He had a better chance of playing himself out of the first round than into the lottery and it's not particularly close.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT