ADVERTISEMENT

Bubba Cunningham

poconopanther

Redshirt
Jul 5, 2001
The N.CAROLINA AD is a major voice on the committee and hopefully he emphasizes the way Pitt looked over he last third of the season. But then again Scott Barnes is one of twelve committee members and we don’t know his thinking on PITT. If these members just watch the games and we trust that they do it’s oblivious PITT finished the year as a tourney team. Use metrics as a guide but just watch basketball and trust your eyes.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
The N.CAROLINA AD is a major voice on the committee and hopefully he emphasizes the way Pitt looked over he last third of the season. But then again Scott Barnes is one of twelve committee members and we don’t know his thinking on PITT. If these members just watch the games and we trust that they do it’s oblivious PITT finished the year as a tourney team. Use metrics as a guide but just watch basketball and trust your eyes.
Pitt is playing like a Top 25 team right now. They clearly pass the eye test.

Reactions: Millerton24
Things just aren't breaking our way with these other bubbles teams. Yeah, we played Carolina tight... but it's kind of moot when Mississippi State steamrolls Tennessee, A&M wins yet another Q1 game (they'll now be 13-8 in Q1/2), a couple potential bid stealers emerge, etc.

All we really did this weak was pick up a good (not great) win, and I hate to say it but other teams did more.

My only hope is that some of these mid-major teams that everyone was assuming are safe actually aren't safe. Mountain West teams, mostly, but also Dayton, etc.

Scott Barnes is extremely knowledgeable about college basketball and especially college basketball coaches.

Scott Barnes is extremely knowledgeable about college basketball and especially college basketball coaches.
Does anybody know what Scott Barnes feelings are towards Pitt? Obviously Pitt fans dislike Barnes, but who knows, Barnes may have fond memories at Pitt.

Things just aren't breaking our way with these other bubbles teams. Yeah, we played Carolina tight... but it's kind of moot when Mississippi State steamrolls Tennessee, A&M wins yet another Q1 game (they'll now be 13-8 in Q1/2), a couple potential bid stealers emerge, etc.

All we really did this weak was pick up a good (not great) win, and I hate to say it but other teams did more.

My only hope is that some of these mid-major teams that everyone was assuming are safe actually aren't safe. Mountain West teams, mostly, but also Dayton, etc.

That is what concerns me that other teams did a lot more than Pitt did in their respective tournaments. Those will be the teams that get the bids. Pitt's win against WF was a nice win, but it wasn't great or unexpected the way Pitt has been playing the past 6 weeks. Beating UNC would have been our great win, but that's over now. That's why I feel like Pitt is not going to be selected tomorrow night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT