ADVERTISEMENT

Calm Thoughts

svpig1

Scholarship
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2021
Pitt won, those refs stole the moment. That being said here is what is on my mind:

1.) punting was atrocious. Not sure what is in the water lately down there but they need a solid punter in a bad way. Wake Forest had great position the whole game including that last drive.
2.) goodbye Hammond. There is no way he sticks around next year with the lack of use for him and I don’t blame him. I am very worried about RB room next year with him and C’Bo gone. They need to find someone in the portal.
3.) CV is the real deal. Such a breath of fresh air as PJ was just that bad. He will be good for Pitt and give a chance every game to win in 2024/25.
4.) Bub Means is looking great. El Barto still needs in the mix more. His lack of usage is fireable.
5.) undisciplined. The sloppy penalties were all over. I remember at least 5+ false starts and multiple PI’s against bad competition that wasn’t needed.
6.) DT’s this is a major hole. Man do I miss Kancey. These DT’s are non-existent.
7.) run game- although our stats look at okay it seems like every team has been able to run on Pitt this year. On the flip side Pitt’s run game has been bad. Besides a few 10+ yard runs it also feels like the runs net -2 to 3 yards and don’t help much

Honest take fans have every reason to be frustrated. This is not acceptable. I’m chalking 2023 as a loss and hope for young development. 2024 could be good as safety, linebacker, qb, wr, te (assuming he stays), look to be positioned well.

Portal needs: OL depth/starter at guard, Punter, DT’s (2 preferred), CB (1-2), punter, and RB

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News