ADVERTISEMENT

CFB Kickoff In 100 Days & Top 25 For PITT, PSU & WVU Challenge, LINK!

CaptainSidneyReilly

Chancellor
Dec 25, 2006
Now instead of comparing programs we can predict some coming games. There are many unknowns for Pitt, WVU, and Penn State and please join in if you a thought or two on the coming season against these early Top 25 Teams. Leave it to Pitt having to play 3 Top 25 Early Ranked Teams butWVU plays 2 in the Top Five and Penn State plays 2 in the Top Ten . Ain't it sweet!

Unknowns & Predictions:
Pitt-Pitt cannot get anymore unknowns since this the First Head Coaching Season for Pat Narduzzi & Staff? I have no clue how the Players will adjust to the New Coaches but they seem to be happy for this years coming challenge. I am going on record on just a Hunch that I think Coach Narduzzi will establish the Pitt Program into a Top 25 Program. This is just me, and wait and see attitude is more dependable. Pitt fans will be happy at 8 Wins, but that is not going to be easy with such a schedule.

WVU-Coach Dana Holgrosen is on record that his Mountaineers are near Championship level. The WVU fans are restless and demanding 9+ to 10 game winning season. How does this happen, it better happen, or I see Holgrosen gone!

Penn State-Franklin has his Recruits in place and if he can turn the Penn State OL into just an Average Line I predict a 9+ and 10 Win Season, and Top 25 Ranking. The Schedule allows him some lead way, anything under 8 wins will be a disappointment, as far as I am concern.

PENN STATE CHALLENGES:
Ohio State: The Buckeyes set what they claim was a record with a crowd of more than 99,000 attending the spring game. They were treated to a halftime skills competition of Braxton Miller racing and Cardale Jones throwing. Next, the most intriguing fall camp of all time. Math reminder: There is only one starting quarterback position. Pre-spring: No. 1
Last year Penn State almost Bushwhacked this Team and would kept them put of the National Title Game. No way Meyers & Staff take them lightly again, but that Penn State Defense will be pretty good by the time they play OSU. It will not matter it is Penn State 7th game, OSU will be ready! Big Loss for the Nittany Lions but no shame because anybody playing this Buckeye Team is going to be a tough game!

6. Michigan State: If the Buckeyes falter at all, the Spartans are ready to win the Big Ten. Their only losses in 2014 were to playoff teams (Oregon, Ohio State). Mark Dantonio may have the best draft-eligible quarterback of 2015. Pre-spring: No. 9
Well, how will Coach Dantonio do without DC Narduzzi by his side??? The same as far as I can see. Coach Dantonio can coach any Team at any tme, and once he has his teams together they hard to beat. However, this Penn State’s 12th Game and a portending how good Franklin is making the Nittany Lion as a Team for 2016. A close one folks in my opinion, If not, Penn State Fans will be shaken and stirred unlike James Bonds Drinks.

WVU CHALLENGES:

2. TCU: No more ties in the Big 12. Whether it means a darn thing to the College Football Playoff Selection Committee remains to be seen. The Frogs are loaded for a Big 12 and national championship run. Trevone Boykin is arguably the Heisman favorite going in. Pre-spring: No. 2
WVU Fans have to be wondering how they are unlucky playing Baylor and TCU away back to back? TCU beat the Mountaineers by 1 Point last year at the Wild and Wonderful Country Road Stadium WVU calls Home. Holgrosen knows how to play these Teams coming from the same area. It will depend more on WVU Defense, they are loaded with experience, and they will need it. Could be an upset as WVU has 10 days to prepare for TCU! It won’t help, TCU will be ready but if the game is close it could save Holgrosen job?

5. Baylor: Art Briles keeps saying an undefeated Big 12 team will get in the playoff. We'll likely find out about the Bears on Nov. 27 at TCU. Meanwhile, Baylor continues to be the most fascinating program around. A 410-pound tight end? Pre-spring: No. 3
Baylor will be playing WVU at Home before WVU plays TCU. The Baylor Bears will not forget that it was the Mountaineers that knocked them out of the National Championship Game. Art Briles will have the Bears loaded and ready to attack all Mountaineers and just another tough Road Game for WVU win in the far away and farther Big-12 Waco Country! WVU is the B@*%? Payback Time! If Baylor loses WVU will be looking at a Top 25 Season is my call!

PITT CHALLENGES:
Georgia Tech: Quarterback Justin Thomas threw and ran for at least 1,000 yards each last season. The Yellow Jackets beat both Georgia and Mississippi State in a 32-day span. In the middle, they played Florida State off its feet in a two-point ACC title game loss. That was the difference in the Big 12 not getting in the CFP, which is a whole different argument. Coming off an 11-win season, Georgia Tech is an ACC not-so-dark horse. Pre-spring: 23
The Good News for PITT, they do not play GT until the 6th game, giving Coach Pat time to settle down with his new Staff and the Pitt Team. Still, Coach Johnson is hard to beat as he was at Navy! Now we find out how well Coach Narduzzi coaches without Coach Dantonio? I would like PITT to beat this Team and they are capable, but I have no idea so Toss Up Loss until I see how Coach Pat does his first 5 games as Head Coach!

Notre Dame: It's a shame Brian Kelly is reportedly blocking Everett Golson from transferring to anyone on ND's 2015 schedule. Consider that with Golson, Kelly has some of the best quarterback depth in the country. Without him, well, Malik Zaire better be really, really good. Pre-spring: NR
The Nittany Lions juts added them to their Schedule but Pitt has been playing many more times. Again, the Fighting Irish cannot be happy what happen last year, but these Pitt players have played them tough every game the last 5 years. Toss Up Win if Pitt has 6 or 7 Wins by Game Day anything under 5 wins and it is a loss.

Louisville: This is why athletic director Tom Jurich rehired Bobby Petrino: He won nine games in his first season (back). That's the sixth time in 10 years as a head coach Petrino's won at least that many. Elsewhere, express your (possible) outrage any way you wish. Petrino signed former Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year Devonte Fields, despite domestic violence allegations. Pre-spring: NR
Beating a Petrino Team is tough to do in any conference and division. Add in it is the 11th game and it is even tougher. Until Pitt beats them on a regular basis, I have to see it first. Outright Loss!

LINK:
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/25182077/post-spring-top-25-ohio-state-will-begin-2015-where-it-left-off-in-2014

POSTER NOTE:
We shall see if Coach Paul Chryst is still learning on the job, since Wisconsin has an Early Top 12 Ranking:

12. Wisconsin: Are the Badgers a system program? No matter who coaches, Wisconsin seems to win. The next 1,000-yard rusher is Corey Clement. He fell only 51 yards short last season while averaging 6.5 per carry. Pre-spring: No. 21

WVU FOLLOWING:
18. Arizona: The Wildcats won the Pac-12 South probably a year before they officially “arrived.” The conference's coach of the year -- an offensive mastermind -- produced the national defensive player of the year (Scooby Wright). Freshmen Anu Solomon and Nick Wilson combined for 69 percent of Arizona's total yards last year. The Cats would be rated higher but have to play at USC and Arizona State. Pre-spring: No. 16

PITT FOLLOWING:

19. Arizona State: Job-hopping Todd Graham has brought stability to the desert. The Sun Devils have won double-digit games in consecutive seasons for the first time since the early 1970s. The defense -- Graham's specialty -- gets nine starters back. Pre-spring: No. 20

Got a bad feeling about the OSU-PSU game. I think Urban will want to make a statement and run the score up.

Got a bad feeling about the OSU-PSU game. I think Urban will want to make a statement and run the score up.
Everyone thought that last year and Urban barely escaped. I have to agree with you, Urban will be reminding his Players this time around and that could be a mean game, we shall see?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT