ADVERTISEMENT

Clingan vs Edey

WillyDavis33

Redshirt
Jun 4, 2023
This should be fun watching these two enormous human beings play against each other. I would give the edge to Clingan from what I have seen.

This goes back to what I said in the other thread. Edey shoots more foul shots than anybody in the country and its not remotely close. We are talking about a center that averages over 11 free throw attempts per game.

He shoots almost 3 more free throw attempts per game than anyone else at the power 6 level which is ridiculous.

Clingan better be real careful guarding this guy and avoid foul trouble because Clingan's backup will get smashed by Edey.

This goes back to what I said in the other thread. Edey shoots more foul shots than anybody in the country and its not remotely close. We are talking about a center that averages over 11 free throw attempts per game.

He shoots almost 3 more free throw attempts per game than anyone else at the power 6 level which is ridiculous.

Clingan better be real careful guarding this guy and avoid foul trouble because Clingan's backup will get smashed by Edey.
Edey is usually playing against someone 3-5 inches shorter than himself!

Stop already. Edey will struggle. He’s a TO machine. Clingan will abuse him. Edey will struggle and UConn by 13

Hurley isn’t Capel, Danny will actually have a plan.

Stick to predicting what will happen in 2 years, then keep moving that goal post.

Last edited:
Edey is usually playing against someone 3-5 inches shorter than himself!

He destroyed Ballo from Arizona who is a 7 footer. He also destroyed Jonas Aidoo from Tennessee who is 6'11. Edey averaged 30 points per game against these 2 players and beat both of those teams.

I think Clingan is a better defensive player. Edey is a better offensive player. Clingan is more active overall and a better fit for an up-tempo game. Edey is not as mobile but is stronger and has a better base allowing him to finish through contact. Purdue guards better be on or they will lose by 20+.

Reactions: Bethlehemjohn
BTW,

This article on Edey on ESPN came out 2 days ago.

Edey is a 2X time National Player of the Year. And he is complaining because he is severely underpaid by NIL because he was not born on American soil which limits how much money he gets from NIL besides loopholes. This is what Ive been telling you guys for the last 2 years with regard to Pitt saving money because of all the international players playing on our team. These guys make substantially less money.

Edey gets the majority of the fouls he draws on the guards coming to double. They reach in and get called. Clingan will be fine vs Edey. Edey will get his 20 pts but Clingan will win some 1 on 1 as well. Uconn wins this game by 10 plus

This should be fun watching these two enormous human beings play against each other. I would give the edge to Clingan from what I have seen.
No, Edey has the advantage because he is older, more polished and stronger. Clingan is the better defender, but Edey is much better offensively. Clingan had a problem finishing against Bama’s athletes the other night.

Other than Edey, Purdue has no advantages. I see UConn winning by 13-15.

Purdue is going to have to shoot lights out from 3 and not give UConn second chance opportunities to have a chance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT