ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Carosuel

BballinsiderfromPitt

Heisman Winner
Feb 15, 2018
Begins today with Depaul canning Stubblefield.

Top Candidates:
Josh Schertz
Bryan Mullins
Bobby Hurley
Bryce Drew
Will Wade * although its rumored he's already done to Louisville

Begins today with Depaul canning Stubblefield.

Top Candidates:
Josh Schertz
Bryan Mullins
Bobby Hurley
Bryce Drew
Will Wade * although its rumored he's already done to Louisville

I was thinking it was time Hurley left Arizona State. Bryce Drew would be a home run. Not even sure WTF happened at Vandy. I think an impossible job like DePaul has to hire someone they couldn't otherwise get....like Bob Huggins. Watch Cronin be rumored for DePaul. Maybe just for leverage but he is rumored for every job. Also, Buzz Williams because why not.

As for Will Wade, the thing I like about cheaters is that it shows they want to win so bad, they will do or try anything. Usually, cheaters still win even when they arent cheating. Sampson, Pitino, Calipari, etc. Wade is going to win bigly at Louisville. He is what the ACC needs. Now the next job that opens needs to hire Huggins. That's how you improve the league.

Last edited:
I was thinking it was time Hurley left Arizona State. Bryce Drew would be a home run. Not even sure WTF happened at Vandy. I think an impossible job like DePaul has to hire someone they couldn't otherwise get....like Bob Huggins. Watch Cronin be rumored for DePaul. Maybe just for leverage but he is rumored for every job. Also, Buzz Williams because why not.

As for Will Wade, the thing I like about cheaters is that it shows they want to win so bad, they will do or try anything. Usually, cheaters still win even when they arent cheating. Sampson, Pitino, Calipari, etc. Wade is going to win bigly at Louisville. He is what the ACC needs. Now the next job that opens needs to hire Huggins. That's how you improve the league.

0-18. That's what happened at Vandy.

I don't know how you justify hiring Bob Huggins. The dude is 70, and he's a mess.

Buzz, Hurley, and Cronin would be best the posse out of town hires. Not necessarily bad, but I don't think any of those would excite a fan base.

I thought u said Cronin to Louisville?
Looking like they’re gonna get past the NCAA stuff and back to being public enemy 1 at Ville. Always fluid

Shockingly this stuff changes and isn’t set in stone when someone on a message board said it.

Interesting one I heard today is if Michigan doesn’t move on and hire Oats he may look at WVU

Reactions: cabe23
Looking like they’re gonna get past the NCAA stuff and back to being public enemy 1 at Ville. Always fluid

Shockingly this stuff changes and isn’t set in stone when someone on a message board said it.

Interesting one I heard today is if Michigan doesn’t move on and hire Oats he may look at WVU

WVU has seemingly unlimited resources, strangely so it wouldn't surprise if they sent the Brinks truck for Oats though I dont know why Louisville would go Wade over Oats. Oats and Wade are 2 guys the ACC desperately needs.

Steve Lappas thinks Huggy to DePaul like I said

Why does Oats name keep coming up for jobs? I mean, seems like he can win at Bama, no?

I mean I get it if he goes to a blue blood, but WVU?

Why does Oats name keep coming up for jobs? I mean, seems like he can win at Bama, no?

Yeah, I don't get that either. Obviously they are paying well for NIL. Oats is making $4.5 million per year there. (due to be $5.2 million in the last year of his contract in 2029)

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer

He doesn’t like Alabama lol. He’s a northern guy, and since he taught science coached 32 miles from Michigan it seems insane to keep a borderline mental patient in Juwan than hire him to his dream job.

Other thing possibly in play for Oats is Michigan State with rumors of Izzo swirling

Reactions: cabe23
WVU has seemingly unlimited resources, strangely so it wouldn't surprise if they sent the Brinks truck for Oats though I dont know why Louisville would go Wade over Oats. Oats and Wade are 2 guys the ACC desperately needs.

Steve Lappas thinks Huggy to DePaul like I said

Shocking. Huggins is desperate and telling all his old buddies to put his name out for every job.

Just like id take Baker, id take Huggins at Pitt in a second. Don’t care if he’d only last 5-6 years. Give me the revenge tour baby

Shocking. Huggins is desperate and telling all his old buddies to put his name out for every job.

Just like id take Baker, id take Huggins at Pitt in a second. Don’t care if he’d only last 5-6 years. Give me the revenge tour baby

If Huggins wants to coach, he should be the #1 candidate at many places including Pitt. He will produce NCAAT teams. His drinking problem is a non-issus. Hire him a driver. DePaul should drop to D3 if they pass on him

If you are Louisville, wouldn't you take Oats or Cronin over Wade. I really like Wade but Oats and Cronin are sure things.

Also, Michigan has to move on from Juwan. He is not well. He's going to end up killing a fan, player, ref, opposing coach, etc. Oats to Michigan would be perfect. Then I can see maybe Steve Forbes to Bama though maybe not a big enough name for that elite basketball program they have there. Then Ryan Odom to Wake

0-18. That's what happened at Vandy.

I don't know how you justify hiring Bob Huggins. The dude is 70, and he's a mess.

Buzz, Hurley, and Cronin would be best the posse out of town hires. Not necessarily bad, but I don't think any of those would excite a fan base.
I would be excited if we hired Buzz or Cronin. Not that I'm not rooting for Capel but just saying.

Ive always like Huggy bear Hes a really good coach who is incredibly colorful. Sadly the later is becoming a rare breed. He immediately be the most popular coach in the burg if he were hired.

New source says the following:
Musselman to Louisville
Beard to Arkansas
Wade to ole miss.

The coaching portal has opened

I was literally going to post that the ACC needs to go after a guy like Musselman. They need to start hiring from the SEC pool. Musselman has no ties to Arkansas and though I'm sure the money is good, coaches make lateral-type moves all the time. Beard, Wade, Oats, and Cronin are also guys who need to be in the ACC.

Brad Brownell is a good coach but if they dont make the tournament this year, they gotta cut him loose and go after alumnus Will Wade. Cant let him go back to the SEC. Probably not many other ACC openings. NC State? That would be perfect for a Beard or Oats.

Are they just throwing shit at the wall?
So ive heard rumors that the brazille davis situation has mussellman wanting out of arkansas and worried about the effects it will have on recruiting, and that probably makes mussellman the top guy on the market. Michigan is almost certainly hiring dusty may from fau.

So ive heard rumors that the brazille davis situation has mussellman wanting out of arkansas and worried about the effects it will have on recruiting, and that probably makes mussellman the top guy on the market. Michigan is almost certainly hiring dusty may from fau.
I could see Michigan hiring him except he's a former Indiana manager who may wait to see if Woodson can last another year. Doubt he takes that.

Michigan should make a run at Oats since he taught 30 miles away, then go after another midwestern like Bryce Drew if they can't land one of their big targets. Nice fall back option.

no? Musselman is definitely leaving. He'd prefer Arizona State but Bobby may not leave. Wade gets whichever job is open.
I don't see how Bobby Hurley has managed to hang on to that job for 7 or 8 years.

Are these predictions, hunches? Is this from the same source that had Pitino going to Miami a few years ago?

I don't see how Bobby Hurley has managed to hang on to that job for 7 or 8 years.

Are these predictions, hunches? Is this from the same source that had Pitino going to Miami a few years ago?
Predictions/hunches whatever. I also had Pitino to St. John’s first and a bunch of other stuff? Why would you take any coaching carousel gossip as gospel. This is what coaches are talking about

I could see Michigan hiring him except he's a former Indiana manager who may wait to see if Woodson can last another year. Doubt he takes that.

Michigan should make a run at Oats since he taught 30 miles away, then go after another midwestern like Bryce Drew if they can't land one of their big targets. Nice fall back option.
Ahh, my bad confused oats and may, thought may lived in michigan before and wanted get go back north, but its oats who i was thinking of

How bout Amir Abdur-Rahim? This guy may be the next Hurley/Oats. 15-5/8-1 at a dead South Florida program. Took over a dead Kennesaw State program. I cant see any way he doesnt get a P4 or Big East job next year.

Who's Ohio State going to go after?

I hope not Porter Moses. I only say him because my buddy with friends in the coaching circles says Moser loves the Midwest.

Will Duquesne or RMU have openings? Would BK take Duquesne?
I think RMU is 50-50. I think Duquesne will open and we'll have lebron and keith push hard to make Dru Joyce the guy. No way they can take that risk.

I think BK should take it, but would he? Don't know. I'd hire Jim Crutchfield. Go outside the box at Duquesne if youre gonna pay a million.

I think RMU is 50-50. I think Duquesne will open and we'll have lebron and keith push hard to make Dru Joyce the guy. No way they can take that risk.

I think BK should take it, but would he? Don't know. I'd hire Jim Crutchfield. Go outside the box at Duquesne if youre gonna pay a million.

If I'm Duquesne, I may take a chance on Dru Joyce, provided he and LeBron guarantee Bryce. I dont think Bryce is too high of a recruit, is he? If he can be a decent A10 player and LeBron flies in for some games, that could be enough recruiting cache for them to get players. And maybe Joyce can coach, who knows. Did his dad succeed Dambrot at SVSM? I like coaches' kids.

As for BK, I'd take it if the Georgia kid agreed to come because he may be able to win quick and leave. If he doesnt, I think the job is too difficult. I would have rather taken Iona or a place like that for less money.

If I'm Duquesne, I may take a chance on Dru Joyce, provided he and LeBron guarantee Bryce. I dont think Bryce is too high of a recruit, is he? If he can be a decent A10 player and LeBron flies in for some games, that could be enough recruiting cache for them to get players. And maybe Joyce can coach, who knows. Did his dad succeed Dambrot at SVSM? I like coaches' kids.

As for BK, I'd take it if the Georgia kid agreed to come because he may be able to win quick and leave. If he doesnt, I think the job is too difficult. I would have rather taken Iona or a place like that for less money.
If Cleveland State thought there was too much stink on Dru Joyce to take Lebron money, why wouldn't Duquesne?

AD entire career will bank on next hire. No way he should go with a first time head coach imo

Bryce Drew, Moses, etc will be hot candidates for OSU. Anyone hot with midwest ties. I heard Depaul possibly with Moser too.

Moser or Schertz would be a great hire for DePaul. That’s a tough job but those guys would present the best opportunity to get them off the mat

Will Duquesne or RMU have openings? Would BK take Duquesne?

Dambrot may be done but I bet that stays in house

Moser or Schertz would be a great hire for DePaul. That’s a tough job but those guys would present the best opportunity to get them off the mat

Dambrot may be done but I bet that stays in house
Schertz over Moser imo. Winner wins everywhere.

If thet stay in-house, barring 10 million from Lebron and NIL, the AD should be fired.

If Cleveland State thought there was too much stink on Dru Joyce to take Lebron money, why wouldn't Duquesne?

AD entire career will bank on next hire. No way he should go with a first time head coach imo

Duquesne needs to do something different. Cleveland State is one of the better programs in their league, historically. How bout Huggy Bear at Duquesne?

Duquesne needs to do something different. Cleveland State is one of the better programs in their league, historically. How bout Huggy Bear at Duquesne?
Cleveland State stunk for a long time before Gates got there and Joyce still couldn't get the job. Keith and huggs are basically best friends so it is plausible.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Miami job came open after the year. Laranaga is in his mid-70s with really nothing left to prove. His current team seems to be taking years off his life. Everything about his behavior, from in-game to the post game press conference was like something from the twilight zone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT