ADVERTISEMENT

Commercials I currently hate

Oct 25, 2021
Been a while since there have been this many that boil my blood regularly airing.

1) Charles Schwab - "My dad only charged 100 bucks/window while other guys were charging 400 or 500 bucks."

Okay, Rollie Fingers. First of all, I don't believe you. Second, it sounds like your dad had no business acumen and probably bankrupted the family if that is true. Bet your mom left him for a guy who charged $350/window, and I bet they made you a stepbrother who bullies you at Thanksgiving by grabbing either side of your handle bar stache while pretending to be steering an airplane while your head bobbles about like the Saturday night Nutting giveaway.

2) Allstate - The podcast guy commercial. Don't know what it is about this guy, but he looks like he bathes in milk or something. I want to watch him get eaten by a tiger. Is there a podcast for annoying milky peckerheads who wear grandma cardigans getting eaten by tigers?

3) Capital One - Jennifer Garner. "I'm a buSSSSSSiness owner." Just the way she prununciates her words. It's so quintessential pretentious Hollywood. Ssssss... Ssssss... Ssssssss. Listening to her pronounce the letter "s" could one day replace waterboarding in terms of enemy confession techniques. Freaking brutal. And you're not a farmer. Just stop it.

American commercials are way over the top. Everyone yelling at you about their product.

American commercials are way over the top. Everyone yelling at you about their product.

Shut your kiwi piehole. How dare you tell us Americans that something about this country is over the top. Have you no shame? 😉

Let's make a commercial about nothing!

Libération GIF

Been a while since there have been this many that boil my blood regularly airing.

1) Charles Schwab - "My dad only charged 100 bucks/window while other guys were charging 400 or 500 bucks."

Okay, Rollie Fingers. First of all, I don't believe you. Second, it sounds like your dad had no business acumen and probably bankrupted the family if that is true. Bet your mom left him for a guy who charged $350/window, and I bet they made you a stepbrother who bullies you at Thanksgiving by grabbing either side of your handle bar stache while pretending to be steering an airplane while your head bobbles about like the Saturday night Nutting giveaway.

2) Allstate - The podcast guy commercial. Don't know what it is about this guy, but he looks like he bathes in milk or something. I want to watch him get eaten by a tiger. Is there a podcast for annoying milky peckerheads who wear grandma cardigans getting eaten by tigers?

3) Capital One - Jennifer Garner. "I'm a buSSSSSSiness owner." Just the way she prununciates her words. It's so quintessential pretentious Hollywood. Ssssss... Ssssss... Ssssssss. Listening to her pronounce the letter "s" could one day replace waterboarding in terms of enemy confession techniques. Freaking brutal. And you're not a farmer. Just stop it.
i cant decide if Jennifer Garner is hot or not..

Commercials peaked with the Bud Bowl and have went downhill ever since.
we need a thread on best beer commercials of all time. i think that would be interesting. i kind of remember the "tastes great, less filling" commercials fondly but i dont know if that's just because it's been 40 years..

Like the buccaneers throwback unis last week. You see them and you are like, OH MY GOD, THOSE ARE BEAUTIFUL, but they were gawd awful back in the 80s and the punchline of many jokes when they were worn every week and they just look good cause it's been 40 years..

Reactions: pittdan77
Commercials peaked with the Bud Bowl and have went downhill ever since.
Spoken by a guy who has memory lapses in regards to Kmart's "I ship my pants" campaign that came several years after that...the true peak of commercial greatness...too bad Amazon and Walmart ended up beating the ship out of them...

Last edited:
I hate the Spectrum One mobile phone commercial.

"Hey this song ain't done let me tell you little bit about Spectrum One, no diggity..." Just awful.

Reminds me of the awful commercials that McDonald's used to run that were chock full of racial stereotypes.

My wife has almost an allergic reaction when the “Themo twin windows” commercial comes blaring on. (that’s only a local one Pgh though). She literally will have to mute it

This one, my first thought always is that his dad was STUPID! Why do they seem to present it that making less than you could have is something to be proud of?

The thing that's funny about commercials is how, modern commercials almost every couple is mixed race, nothing wrong with that of course, but if you went by commercials, you'd think that it's totally rare and never happens that 2 white people or 2 black people would get married. There's this commercial about NFL gear, where they follow this white guy from his childhood in the 70s to the current day, shows him with his white girlfriend, the guy proposes to her when the Bills are in the Super Bowl against the Giants, and fast forward to the end they have a scene where it's current day and he's buying his granddaughter a Bills jersey and the little girl is bi racial, it's just funny to me how they go out of their way to force the diversity agenda everywhere sneaking in that little girl is hilarious.

The thing that's funny about commercials is how, modern commercials almost every couple is mixed race, nothing wrong with that of course, but if you went by commercials, you'd think that it's totally rare and never happens that 2 white people or 2 black people would get married. There's this commercial about NFL gear, where they follow this white guy from his childhood in the 70s to the current day, shows him with his white girlfriend, the guy proposes to her when the Bills are in the Super Bowl against the Giants, and fast forward to the end they have a scene where it's current day and he's buying his granddaughter a Bills jersey and the little girl is bi racial, it's just funny to me how they go out of their way to force the diversity agenda everywhere sneaking in that little girl is hilarious.
I hope for the good of the world that ultimately, eventually, eons from now that all the races do meld together and all people have the same skin tones, eye folds etc etc that cause the racism (and resultant violence, injustice etc) we’ve had forever up to now.

But history shows that people always congregate into groups that then have conduct with other groups that do the same. And it can be on topics that they may completely make up, aka “ religions “. So as much as well meaning people want to normalize all skin colors, or force the races together with the thought they will eliminate injustice… perhaps it eventually will not be based on color, but human nature will find other reasons to hate on each other.

As far as the ads, you noticed that child, and in the minds of the powers that be, that is helping to ‘normalize’ it. So in the minds it was successful, I suppose

This one, my first thought always is that his dad was STUPID! Why do they seem to present it that making less than you could have is something to be proud of?
Because greed is a sin?

Anything Wendy's with the progressive insurance style bozo employees.

Which is odd cause they have a good social media presence and I've always enjoyed them as far as fast food joints go.

Reactions: NKSplitter
reminds me that I have not been to a decent wedding for at least 30 years...Bridal dance, throw a buck in the pot, take a swirl with the bride get a shot and a cigar at the end...hell these gals don't even throw a bouquet anymore or have their garters tossed to be displayed from some dude's rear view mirror...all too staid and boring nowadays...what I wouldn't give for a 20 pony bottles of Schmidt's affair with a decent polka or two..

Last edited:
But the only reason people notice this stuff is that it's over the top, an accurate representation of society would be maybe one of ten or even less would be a mixed-race couple, and the child that's just deep, very subliminal way to represent the message.
Not disagreeing. Debating the roots of why content creators do it would likely get the thread deleted. But suffice to say, they would be glad to know you notice it and get irked by it.

reminds me that I have not been to a decent wedding for at least 30 years...Bridal dance, throw a buck in the pot, take a swirl with the bride get a shot and a cigar at the end...hell these gals don't even throw a bouquet anymore or have their garters tossed to be displayed from some dude's rear view mirror...all too staid and boring nowadays...what I wouldn't give for a 20 pony bottles of Schmidt's affair with a decent polka or two..
always thought the garter toss and the guy who catches it has to put it back on the bride was a very awkard and weird tradition. the garter toss by itself not so much but having to put it back on the bride was real weird.

1/2 the time its a relative, your cousin or niece or something and other times it's a 10 year old kid and even more awkward.. just never understood that tradition and if it's extinct, well that's a good thing..

The ad where the guy says he's a genius because he hired Kitchensaver. Not that the commercial is that bad, but it's been running for about five years and I'm tired of it. Seems like after a certain period of time a commercial would lose it's effectiveness. Maybe it's a lot cheaper to air it over and over than to produce a new commercial.

always thought the garter toss and the guy who catches it has to put it back on the bride was a very awkard and weird tradition. the garter toss by itself not so much but having to put it back on the bride was real weird.

1/2 the time its a relative, your cousin or niece or something and other times it's a 10 year old kid and even more awkward.. just never understood that tradition and if it's extinct, well that's a good thing..
Once in a while it made me laugh, but most of the time it made me cringe.

Well I hate to break free market concepts to everyone, but people don't just do a job and then randomly surprise the customer with a number afterwards.
Does anyone remember the old Alka Seltzer commercials:
Mama Mia Spicey Meat Ball
Prison Dining Hall.
Do yourself a favor and Google them if you have never seen them.
Hilarious.
Oldies but goodies.
After all these years they can still sell Alka Seltzer.

When the wife throws the challenge flag against her husband, you knew 1000000% he was going to be wrong and embarrassed :)
Those kinds of commercials don't bother me, because in real life the husband is always right. So they are designed to get a chuckle. If they showed the wife being wrong, it would just be rubbing reality into women's faces. (I'm hoping we are all guys on here!)

And yes - the non-traditional roles in every single commercial is transparent and annoying as hell. We get it: All men suck; men are always wrong; menz is dumb; women get the Reese's *and* the Kit-Kat after pushing the boys out of the way; women fix toilets to the melody of Starship songs; women throw the challenge flag and prove how dumb their husbands are; etc.

It's hilarious how much these companies show their own biases by making sure every. single. commercial is the opposite of what would actually be the case.
I saw one with a wife hanging a chandelier on a ladder while the husband held the baby, think it was a Home Depot or Lowe’s ad.

I’ve hung chandeliers, it’s not a one person, man or woman, job. It takes two guys and at least a case of beer.

Does anyone remember the old Alka Seltzer commercials:
Mama Mia Spicey Meat Ball
Prison Dining Hall.
Do yourself a favor and Google them if you have never seen them.
Hilarious.
Oldies but goodies.
After all these years they can still sell Alka Seltzer.
Mama Mia. Those are some speecy spicey meat a balls……all time favorite..
There as a take number but I forget let’s go with take 14.

Liberty Mutual Insurance… mustache guy yellow shirt

Not one damn ad has been funny at all

Just moronic it’s amazing he campaign has lasted this long

Reactions: Black Panther

Maybe because that's all some people could afford?

Need more people like his dad around, to be honest.

Or his dad's window co was a front and he doesn't know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT