Leggett
Kante

Confirmed gone
Hinson
Jeffress
Fede
Marshall
Hueitt

So 10 ships left to fill. Ideally the TBD are all back, but until we get confirmation, tread carefully with the three headed monster guard projections. Hopefully we here some good news soon.

• Haha
Reactions: joeydavid
Confirmed gone
Hinson
Jeffress
Fede
Marshall
Hueitt
Is basketball different than football, where we see guys put their name in the portal only to come back to their school? I agree that Jeffress and Fede are likely better fits for different programs and in all likelihood will be gone, but it's not guaranteed that they won't be back, right?

Is basketball different than football, where we see guys put their name in the portal only to come back to their school? I agree that Jeffress and Fede are likely better fits for different programs and in all likelihood will be gone, but it's not guaranteed that they won't be back, right?
Jeffress put out a very nice thank you letter and highlight video. He is gone. I think Fede is gone gone too.

Confirmed for next year
Cummings
Barnes
Ndiaye

TBD (no official decision confirmed)
Bub
Lowe
Gdg
Jdg
Austin
Leggett
Kante

Confirmed gone
Hinson
Jeffress
Fede
Marshall
Hueitt

So 10 ships left to fill. Ideally the TBD are all back, but until we get confirmation, tread carefully with the three headed monster guard projections. Hopefully we here some good news soon.

I wouldn't say Barnes is confirmed. Capel mentioned some returning guys in The Fan interview so even if he wants Barnes back, that doesnt mean he still wont enter the portal.

I posted yesterday if we are supposed to assume that these guys arent back until they post something about it. Not sure if no news is good news or we need to worry until we get those IG posts saying they are coming back. I dont expect all 3 back but we need 2 of the 3. Lowe blowing up and being from Houston is a concern and Leggett only having 1 year left to make money is a concern because maybe some other program throws him a ridiculously high offer.

I wouldn't say Barnes is confirmed. Capel mentioned some returning guys in The Fan interview so even if he wants Barnes back, that doesnt mean he still wont enter the portal.

I posted yesterday if we are supposed to assume that these guys arent back until they post something about it. Not sure if no news is good news or we need to worry until we get those IG posts saying they are coming back. I dont expect all 3 back but we need 2 of the 3. Lowe blowing up and being from Houston is a concern and Leggett only having 1 year left to make money is a concern because maybe some other program throws him a ridiculously high offer.
I thought he expected Barnes to be back though. Like confirmed that was the plan?

Confirmed for next year
Lowe
Cummings
Barnes
Ndiaye

Gdg
Jdg
Austin
Leggett
Kante

Confirmed gone
Bub
Hinson
Jeffress
Fede
Marshall

Confirmed portal visits:
Cam Corhen
Brandon Huntley-Hatfield (NCST lean per Lville, who now has 12 players in portal)

4 ships to fill

Last edited:
Confirmed for next year
Lowe
Leggett
Cummings
Barnes
Ndiaye

Gdg
Jdg
Austin
Kante

Confirmed gone
Bub
Hinson
Jeffress
Fede
Marshall

Confirmed portal visits:
Cam Corhen

4 ships to fill

We need some high end portal guys at the 3, 4 and 5 positions. That will add depth and give us the badly needed quality players.

We need some high end portal guys at the 3, 4 and 5 positions. That will add depth and give us the badly needed quality players.

Ideally, we need 3 ACC-level starters there but could possibly get away with just 1 as Cummings, Austin, and GDG/Kante could start but hopefully not all 3.

Ideally, we need 3 ACC-level starters there but could possibly get away with just 1 as Cummings, Austin, and GDG/Kante could start but hopefully not all 3.
High hopes for Cummings 3 pt shooting. I’d prefer Austin off bench. Same with GdG. Kante is a wild card. I know he hasn’t played before and will be a redshirt freshman. But if he can’t put up Fede like numbers (4.7 pts a game in 20 minutes), I’ll be disappointed. Even just making one basket and 3 FTs would get him there. He had 8 rebounds in game against Spain. 4 offensive and 4 defensive, but coming off injury who knows what to expect. Is Barnes a lost cause? I’d think Kante and JDG returning equal out losing Fede and Jeffress. Cummings is like a 1/3rd of Bub and Hinson. Soph Lowe and super senior ish also likely picking up more of a scoring role.

I think Cummings as a freshman is gonna be like Elliott was as a sr. production wise.

I think Cummings as a freshman is gonna be like Elliott was as a sr. production wise.

I like Cummings but no. Cummings will be a freshman. He's going to be good but will likely be a below average starting NCAA Tournament guard as a freshman. Pitt needs to be old at guard and have Cummings off the bench. This isnt 2018.

Confirmed for next year
Lowe
Leggett
Cummings
Corhen
Barnes
Ndiaye

Gdg
Jdg
Austin (rumored to be back; seen at spring fb game w/412 alliance)
Kante

Confirmed gone
Bub
Hinson
Jeffress
Fede
Marshall

Visits:
Dunn

3 ships to fill if everyone else back

As you mentioned, Austin will be back. He was chatting it up with fans at the Alliance 412 tent with Ish and Lowe. They were the only players there indicating either they are the only 3 with A412 contracts or the others may have been out hosting the recruits.

I like Cummings but no. Cummings will be a freshman. He's going to be good but will likely be a below average starting NCAA Tournament guard as a freshman. Pitt needs to be old at guard and have Cummings off the bench. This isnt 2018.
I think he can average 6-10 pts a game as a freshman.

Season ticket renewal email (I don't buy season tickets though so I must have hacked this information) insinuates that GDG and Austin are back but that's not a surprise at all.

"Thank you for your support throughout the 2023-24 Pitt Men’s Basketball Season! The Panthers are expected to return four of its top six scorers from a year ago, including the backcourt of Ishmael Leggett and Jaland Lowe, as they look for another 20+ win season. Over the past two seasons, Pitt has been one of the top teams in the ACC with 46 wins, including 26 conference victories, fourth most in the ACC."

I think Cummings will shoot as well as Elliott but also not give me a heart attack every time he puts it on the floor.

Lunardi, who we now will all love again, has Pitt as in his last four byes in the 2025 tournament btw.

Reactions: TreesHero
I think Cummings will shoot as well as Elliott but also not give me a heart attack every time he puts it on the floor.

Lunardi, who we now will all love again, has Pitt as in his last four byes in the 2025 tournament btw.

I think we are borderline Top 25 going into the season.

And BTW, we were killed for playing and losing to Missouri but the intention was that we were playing a good team. They were in Lunardi's preseason field. I hate that had we just played a lost to a better SEC team, we would have been in.

Season ticket renewal email (I don't buy season tickets though so I must have hacked this information) insinuates that GDG and Austin are back but that's not a surprise at all.

"Thank you for your support throughout the 2023-24 Pitt Men’s Basketball Season! The Panthers are expected to return four of its top six scorers from a year ago, including the backcourt of Ishmael Leggett and Jaland Lowe, as they look for another 20+ win season. Over the past two seasons, Pitt has been one of the top teams in the ACC with 46 wins, including 26 conference victories, fourth most in the ACC."
Yes, based on last years stats, they are the only two scorers left. Would assume JDG is back then too. Kante would be lone wolf. Not sure if Corhen news will change his mind. Portal open to may 1st. So let’s compare rosters between this year and last production wise. Posted this in another thread but important consideration:

23-24
Bub (13.8)
Hinson (18.5)
Ish (12.3)
Lowe (9.6)
GDG (6.7)
Austin (6.5)
Fede (4.7)
Jeffres (1.6)
73.7 per game

24-25
Lowe and Ish take bigger roles, so maybe
Ish (16 ppg like at RI)
Lowe (14 ppg)
Corhen (12 ppg)
Cummings (8-10 ppg if his 3 pt shooting carries over)
GDG (8-10 ppg)
Austin - I think benefits most from an athletic 5 (8-10 ppg)
Kante - I think he can match Fedes offensive numbers (5 ppg)
JDG - likely limited role but good for a three or FTs per game (3 ppg)
76 ppg

So in totality, they take hits with Bub and Blake, but having the offensive limits of Fede and Will really hindered the team. Barnes is complete unknown. Also, need more depth in case of injuries. Dunn would still help this team.

Yes, based on last years stats, they are the only two scorers left. Would assume JDG is back then too. Kante would be lone wolf. Not sure if Corhen news will change his mind. Portal open to may 1st. So let’s compare rosters between this year and last production wise. Posted this in another thread but important consideration:

23-24
Bub (13.8)
Hinson (18.5)
Ish (12.3)
Lowe (9.6)
GDG (6.7)
Austin (6.5)
Fede (4.7)
Jeffres (1.6)
73.7 per game

24-25
Lowe and Ish take bigger roles, so maybe
Ish (16 ppg like at RI)
Lowe (14 ppg)
Corhen (12 ppg)
Cummings (8-10 ppg if his 3 pt shooting carries over)
GDG (8-10 ppg)
Austin - I think benefits most from an athletic 5 (8-10 ppg)
Kante - I think he can match Fedes offensive numbers (5 ppg)
JDG - likely limited role but good for a three or FTs per game (3 ppg)
76 ppg

So in totality, they take hits with Bub and Blake, but having the offensive limits of Fede and Will really hindered the team. Barnes is complete unknown. Also, need more depth in case of injuries. Dunn would still help this team.

Wasnt worried about Austin since he was at the A412 tent having a good time. Really wasn't worried about the twins either but you never know. Just saying I think this info basically assures GDG is back and therefore probably Jorge unless he decides to drop down. The release wasnt going to get super specific and say we return 4 of the top 6 scorers plus our 9th leading scorer and 2 redshirts because its a sales offer.

Wasnt worried about Austin since he was at the A412 tent having a good time. Really wasn't worried about the twins either but you never know. Just saying I think this info basically assures GDG is back and therefore probably Jorge unless he decides to drop down. The release wasnt going to get super specific and say we return 4 of the top 6 scorers plus our 9th leading scorer and 2 redshirts because its a sales offer.

How can you tell me you don't care if Hayes and Okunlola leave but then "worry" about Austin and the twins? Talk about marginal pieces!

How can you tell me you don't care if Hayes and Okunlola leave but then "worry" about Austin and the twins? Talk about marginal pieces!

Wrong choice of words I guess. I would prefer that they stayed because they are good role players but yes, there are 300 similar players in the portal. I wasnt worrying they were leaving because I was very confident that they staying if that makes sense.

Confirmed for next year
Lowe (35 mins)
Leggett (35 mins)
Corhen (25-30 mins)
Austin (15-20 mins)
GDG (15-20 mins)
Cummings (20 mins)
Dunn (15-20 mins)
JDG (5-10 mins)
Barnes (0-5 mins)

TBD
Kante (15-20 mins)

Confirmed gone
Bub
Hinson
Jeffress
Fede
Marshall

Remaining targets:
Thiero

2 ships to fill if everyone else back

So seems like 9 deep next year (if Kante is back). No idea what Barnes can contribute, but end of bench likely JDG and then Barnes in limited minutes. Also not sure what impact player will want to come here given minutes are largely accounted for at this point…

Confirmed for next year
Lowe (35 mins)
Leggett (35 mins)
Corhen (25-30 mins)
Austin (15-20 mins)
GDG (15-20 mins)
Cummings (20 mins)
Dunn (15-20 mins)
JDG (5-10 mins)
Barnes (0-5 mins)

TBD
Kante (15-20 mins)

Confirmed gone
Bub
Hinson
Jeffress
Fede
Marshall

Remaining targets:
Thiero

2 ships to fill if everyone else back

So seems like 9 deep next year (if Kante is back). No idea what Barnes can contribute, but end of bench likely JDG and then Barnes in limited minutes. Also not sure what impact player will want to come here given minutes are largely accounted for at this point…
They need to get to 8 max ASAP. No wasted possessions tinkering with the lineup. Can’t start slowly like the last two years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT