ADVERTISEMENT

Curtis Aiken North Allegheny

bolk1337

Redshirt
Gold Member
Jun 22, 2007
Why is there nothing on him circulating on boards, Comes from proven lines and has Pitt roots?
PITTSBURGH, Pa. -- It’s not often a player with big offers is totally off the radar, but such seems to be the case with 2018 point guard Curtis Aiken Jr. Curtis plays in the sometimes-forgotten basketball city of Pittsburgh, PA and is one of the best talents in the area. His North Allegheny squad is perennially among the contenders from the area. Yet, under the radar he flies.

This tough scoring guard can fill it up in bunches, especially from deep where he loves to fire jumpers. He’s got a knack for getting into the lane and absorbing contact. He is explosive athletically and is a crafty finisher. Curtis handles the ball well and finishes in transition.

Why is there nothing on him circulating on boards, Comes from proven lines and has Pitt roots?
PITTSBURGH, Pa. -- It’s not often a player with big offers is totally off the radar, but such seems to be the case with 2018 point guard Curtis Aiken Jr. Curtis plays in the sometimes-forgotten basketball city of Pittsburgh, PA and is one of the best talents in the area. His North Allegheny squad is perennially among the contenders from the area. Yet, under the radar he flies.

This tough scoring guard can fill it up in bunches, especially from deep where he loves to fire jumpers. He’s got a knack for getting into the lane and absorbing contact. He is explosive athletically and is a crafty finisher. Curtis handles the ball well and finishes in transition.
Because he will probably land at IUP.

that 247 site has him ranked in the 350 range but does list him having offers from us, TCU and Tenn. no clue if this is accurate at all. That sounds like 3 nice offers for someone ranked in the 350's, if true..

I heard the same about TJ. He could not play at Pitt. I have not seen Curtis play, but I watched his dad play a lot. If he can shoot the 3, I say recruit him unless there is an elite recruit out there instead.

I don't know if he can play or not. I never seen him. If Capel thinks he is worth the add, I will trust his judgement.

But TJ gets brought up here a ton. For every TJ who way outplayed his recruitment level there are a 100 other kids that were lightly recruited and never pan out.

In other words, it is easy to try and use TJ as an example but the reality is that doesn't happen very often where a kid that lightly recruited ends up being a stud player.

He has been discussed, but the first sentence is just completely off base. He doesn't have any big offers.

1. Aiken, Jr., received an offer in 2015 as a sophomore from a long tenured Coach Dixon. Dixon also offered him 7 months later at TCU.

2. Aiken, Jr., is the son of a former Pitt great who also has been close to the program for a long time.

There's nothing wrong with any of that. I hope he develops into a nice player and enjoys a productive college career. H2P!

I don't know if he can play or not. I never seen him. If Capel thinks he is worth the add, I will trust his judgement.

But TJ gets brought up here a ton. For every TJ who way outplayed his recruitment level there are a 100 other kids that were lightly recruited and never pan out.

In other words, it is easy to try and use TJ as an example but the reality is that doesn't happen very often where a kid that lightly recruited ends up being a stud player.

Big difference though. Aiken seems to have peaked in 10th grade. He was projected to be an ACC level player as he got some good offers but probably didn't improve much. McConnell was a little shrimp but by his senior year, was 6 feet and averaging 30+ PPG. Watching him in Green Tree that summer, it took me about 2 minutes to realize he was Big East level. I remember him going toe to toe with Ashton Gibbs, playing full court D on him.

The problem with Aiken is he appears to be D2 level. I dont think he has a committable offer. We probably cant afford to waste a scholarship on him. Same thing with Darrelle Porter's son, DJ. Some said we should offer him but he ended up at St. Francis Brooklyn and averaged 6 PPG as a senior.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT