ADVERTISEMENT

Does FS1 really need to show 🇸🇦 and 🇨🇦 pro league scores?

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Ok, they have those contracts, but how many people watching a college football game need to know if Al Shabab (which is also a terrorist organization, isnt it) or Atletico Ottawa won? Also, I hate they bought the rights to the Saudi pro league. I can't believe they felt the need to do that. There's enough soccer content out there.

Saudi money is buying out soccer, golf and a whole lot more to come. Remember Jamal Khashoggi’s horrific death? A certain president’s son-in-law got $2 billion from the guy who killed him. I don’t say that as a political statement…rather that we are completely willing to forego ethics for Saudi oil $$$.

I’ll bet most Americans couldn’t identify where most of the 9-11 hijackers were from. (Answer: it’s Saudi Arabia).

Saudi money is buying out soccer, golf and a whole lot more to come. Remember Jamal Khashoggi’s horrific death? A certain president’s son-in-law got $2 billion from the guy who killed him. I don’t say that as a political statement…rather that we are completely willing to forego ethics for Saudi oil $$$.

I’ll bet most Americans couldn’t identify where most of the 9-11 hijackers were from. (Answer: it’s Saudi Arabia).

I wonder if Saudi Arabia paid FS1 to show these games. There's so much soccer content, I just dont see even the most diehard of soccer fans tuning in to see Ronaldo or Neymar vs some Al-Something team.

Also, yes, I would cut all diplomatic ties to Saudi Arabia and pay an extra $1/gallon for oil. Both political parties are in bed with them. The fact that neither administration sanctioned them for killing a journalist working in America is shameful.

I wonder if Saudi Arabia paid FS1 to show these games. There's so much soccer content, I just dont see even the most diehard of soccer fans tuning in to see Ronaldo or Neymar vs some Al-Something team.

Also, yes, I would cut all diplomatic ties to Saudi Arabia and pay an extra $1/gallon for oil. Both political parties are in bed with them. The fact that neither administration sanctioned them for killing a journalist working in America is shameful.
We have enough of our own oil. We shouldnt need theirs.

How about how our government lied to us for 2 decades about Saudi involvement. Saudi intelligence was involved, the US intelligence documents have been redacted and we now know this to be true. But for two decades we were told differently and that it was a conspiracy theory to think or speak about it. Even now, even after the proof has been made public, we STILL are called conspiracy theorists for talking about it.

They probably did, do even the most hard-core obsessive soccer fans care about that league? Saudi probably wants it on TV here, just like they want LIV Golf on TV here.

How about how our government lied to us for 2 decades about Saudi involvement. Saudi intelligence was involved, the US intelligence documents have been redacted and we now know this to be true. But for two decades we were told differently and that it was a conspiracy theory to think or speak about it. Even now, even after the proof has been made public, we STILL are called conspiracy theorists for talking about it.

To be fair, the Saudi government, itself, wasn't involved. Individual America-hating Saudis were. The Saudi royal family loves America. They make them richer.

To be fair, the Saudi government, itself, wasn't involved. Individual America-hating Saudis were. The Saudi royal family loves America. They make them richer.
So the Saudi intelligence officer implicated was working on his own and the Saudi government had no idea? You people with your blind allegiance to government are something to behold.

Reactions: mike412
So the Saudi intelligence officer implicated was working on his own and the Saudi government had no idea? You people with your blind allegiance to government are something to behold.

Yes. Saudi Arabia doesn't have a government as we know it. Its a medieval royal family who loves America because we make them money. What advantage is there for the royal family to take down America? Were there people within their government involved? Probably. But it wasnt government sponsored. I dont like Saudi Arabia for a lot of reasons but I dont think the royal family had anything to do with 9/11. If anything, I blame the royal family for not sharing enough of their oil money with their citizens. They have a huge wealth gap and a country that rich should not have poor citizens. Now they are spending it on soccer players instead of the common Saudi and you see that no one is even going to these games, probably because they cant afford it. Poverty=crime. Because they have poor people, those are the ones most likely to get involved with these terrorist organizations. Contrast that with Qatar, where every Qatari citizen gets like $80K/year from the government. They are living the life

Yes. Saudi Arabia doesn't have a government as we know it. It’s a medieval royal family who loves America because we make them money. What advantage is there for the royal family to take down America? Were there people within their government involved? Probably. But it wasnt government sponsored. I dont like Saudi Arabia for a lot of reasons but I dont think the royal family had anything to do with 9/11. If anything, I blame the royal family for not sharing enough of their oil money with their citizens. They have a huge wealth gap and a country that rich should not have poor citizens. Now they are spending it on soccer players instead of the common Saudi and you see that no one is even going to these games, probably because they cant afford it. Poverty=crime. Because they have poor people, those are the ones most likely to get involved with these terrorist organizations. Contrast that with Qatar, where every Qatari citizen gets like $80K/year from the government. They are living the life
I am wiser about this world than I was during 9/11 and the years that followed. These types of things don’t happen due to a modest band of misfits.

I am wiser about this world than I was during 9/11 and the years that followed. These types of things don’t happen due to a modest band of misfits.
I am not so sure you are wiser. You have probably just become more gullible. There are certain people who cannot accept, under any circumstances, that bad stuff just happens. Everything has to be explained through some type of conspiracy. Its actually a coping mechanism in some weird way. Like if we can just get out this NWO or the Deep State, or whoever it is, there will not be any more evil in this world.

I am not so sure you are wiser. You have probably just become more gullible. There are certain people who cannot accept, under any circumstances, that bad stuff just happens. Everything has to be explained through some type of conspiracy. Its actually a coping mechanism in some weird way. Like if we can just get out this NWO or the Deep State, or whoever it is, there will not be any more evil in this world.
I’m like 8-0 in conspiracies coming true, so save me the bullshit. Not 7-1. Not 6-2. But 8-0.

A Saudi intelligence officer is implicated in 9/11. The US government didn’t tell us for over 20 years. Why is that?

You can remain gullible.

I’m like 8-0 in conspiracies coming true, so save me the bullshit. Not 7-1. Not 6-2. But 8-0.

A Saudi intelligence officer is implicated in 9/11. The US government didn’t tell us for over 20 years. Why is that?

You can remain gullible.

Did the Deep State also create Covid to get Trump out of office?

No. I don’t believe so. But I do laugh at the progressives like you who goofed on us for saying it was created in a lab.

I always thought it was a possibility the whole time. I still dont know for sure.

How about Maui? Did the government burn all those people and property? Or did something bad just happen?

I always thought it was a possibility the whole time. I still dont know for sure.

How about Maui? Did the government burn all those people and property? Or did something bad just happen?
Nope. That’s pizza gate type stuff. I’m a free thinker. Like I said, I’m undefeated. But you? Maybe some day.

370352815_675772387917368_6138020172050142728_n.jpg

A team called Damar FC is playing Al-Hilal right now in what appears to be a 10K seat stadium which isnt full. How are these Saudi teams making money? Oh wait, they're not? So pissed at Fox for showing these games. I cant imagine ratings would be any better than showing college soccer or MLS Next U17 or U19 games.

A team called Damar FC is playing Al-Hilal right now in what appears to be a 10K seat stadium which isnt full. How are these Saudi teams making money? Oh wait, they're not? So pissed at Fox for showing these games. I cant imagine ratings would be any better than showing college soccer or MLS Next U17 or U19 games.
I'd be interested to see USL, maybe a Riverhounds game over that SA crap.

I'd be interested to see USL, maybe a Riverhounds game over that SA crap.

ESPN shows USL a little now that they lost MLS. USL has this idea that they want to be the #1 league in the US and may approve promotion/relegation to increase interest. I wonder if ESPN would invest money into USL since they dont really have soccer anymore.

Of course the USL isn't going to play games at 11 AM on a Thursday morning, which is when the game that SMF saw started. And neither are the colleges.
For me, they don't have to be live, you could show me a USL game from a month ago and I'd have no idea what happened. If I wanted to watch the Riverhounds, I'd just set my DVR to record it whenever it's on, it's not like I'll accidentally overhear the score somewhere.

ESPN has been showing USL games for eight years. That's just a little longer than since they lost MLS.
I know, they show maybe one game a week or every two weeks. Just because their name is Pittsburgh. I could be a Riverhounds fan, but I've only seen them on ESPN once, last year.

I know, they show maybe one game a week or every two weeks. Just because their name is Pittsburgh. I could be a Riverhounds fan, but I've only seen them on ESPN once, last year.

I would guarantee that a USL game on ESPN or ESPN2 would do better head to head than a Saudi game on FS1. I hope Fox isnt paying for this crap. Maybe they will televise the Russian and North Korean leagues next.

I would guarantee that a USL game on ESPN or ESPN2 would do better head to head than a Saudi game on FS1. I hope Fox isnt paying for this crap. Maybe they will televise the Russian and North Korean leagues next.
It's totally possible that the Saudis pay FS1 to show their games, they don't care about money or profit.

I know, I don't have ESPN+. When did they quit MLS? I saw USL on ESPN last year.

This is the first year they lost the rights to MLS games.

And you are correct, they were showing USL games on their regular channels last year. And for numerous years prior to that.

BTW, since you aren't local you wouldn't know this, but they actually do show Riverhounds games locally over the air. Not all of them, but a lot of them, probably around 2/3 to 3/4. For instance they are on this coming Saturday when they play New Mexico at home.

This is the first year they lost the rights to MLS games.

And you are correct, they were showing USL games on their regular channels last year. And for numerous years prior to that.

BTW, since you aren't local you wouldn't know this, but they actually do show Riverhounds games locally over the air. Not all of them, but a lot of them, probably around 2/3 to 3/4. For instance they are on this coming Saturday when they play New Mexico at home.

I flip on New Mexico once in awhile on ESPN+ because I am mesmerized by their field. They play on a grass baseball field complete with the dirt infield. Watching it is disorienting.

I flip on New Mexico once in awhile on ESPN+ because I am mesmerized by their field. They play on a grass baseball field complete with the dirt infield. Watching it is disorienting.

Looks like they play at the Albuquerque Isotopes Stadium. That's actually pretty big for a USL team, Wikipedia says 13,500. Do they come close to filling it up?

Looks like they play at the Albuquerque Isotopes Stadium. That's actually pretty big for a USL team, Wikipedia says 13,500. Do they come close to filling it up?

I dont know but there is an inordinate amount of people (tourists) wearing New Mexico United gear when I'm in LA. My guess is they have top-notch local support.

I like watching the Riverhounds at home because the stadium is in such an awesome place, next to the river, across from the city. And I know they show them on local TV, I've seen that when I was in town. I kind of like watching NYCFC play in Yankee Stadium too, because it's so strange.

Article on players frustrated with tiny crowds.

Too much wealth inequality in SA for commoners to afford to go to a soccer match. Hope this league crashes and burns.

ESPN shows USL a little now that they lost MLS. USL has this idea that they want to be the #1 league in the US and may approve promotion/relegation to increase interest. I wonder if ESPN would invest money into USL since they dont really have soccer anymore.
You mean the network and parent company that’s bleeding money at astronomical rates? They’re gonna invest in USL soccer? Investors are already suing Disney for falsifying books and misrepresenting subscription numbers. If they invest in amateur soccer tv broadcasts, they should also be sued for malpractice.

Only riverhounds game I ever went to was at Chartiers Valley HS and Wild Things stadium when david Flavius played.

Also watched the World Cup Final between France (Zidane head butt) and Italy on the scoreboard from the wild things stadium outfield when I had kids in strollers. Pretty sure that was a Riverhounds sponsored watch party. And that was the last time I did anything Riverhounds related, other than 5 WPIAL Finals at Highmark.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT