ADVERTISEMENT

Driving Back To Sewickley Saw Big Pitt Truck Anyone Know?..

CaptainSidneyReilly

Chancellor
Dec 25, 2006
It was an 18 Wheeler with PITT PANTHERS on the Cab, Sides, and Back. It also said 'ACC Pitt Panthers"?

It is run by PGT Trucking with Indiana Plates and heading towards Indiana as it past the Airport went onto to beaver valley assuming Ohio Turnpike to Indiana.

I knew it came from the Pitt Spring Game, but wondering what it was and why it is there and what is it?

Does anyone know or saw it too? Photo said, Local 21 News And that Is An Ohio TV Station?

PHOTO BELOW:
images

images

This post was edited on 4/19 1:33 PM by CaptainSidneyReilly

While I am not totally sure, but I believe that this is the truck that takes the equipment to he away games. They don't put it on the plane, they go out in advance with the equipment.

Truck is often parked at headquarters of PGI Trucking on PA route 18 in Monaca. PGI president is a big PITT fan I hear. PGI is one of the big sponsors for the summer BB league.

Pat Gallagher is the owner of this company and he is a huge supporter of Pitt.

Originally posted by vietvet1:
Pat Gallagher is the owner of this company and he is a huge supporter of Pitt.
Yes, and the name is PGT trucking.

Former PITT FB letterman Lamont Liggett has worked there for many years.

No, just love the town, the YMCA, and the way it is laid out. It was the first Jewish Community Masonic Lodge in the Pittsburgh area. Close to Airport, Ultimate Pastry Shop, Sewickley Hotel, Speak Easy and a LCB Liquor store known for the finest quality wines.

images

Thanks pittp. I know better. I have "PGI" on the brain. Popular acronym at my work!

The Pitt Facility Management's box trucks around campus are starting to sport to the Pitt script in the current color scheme.

I thought the exact same thing and especially since the Script right now just applies to Football? Yet, I have to tell you, that is going to be one big overdue, the Artists that put up all that Art on Pitt was really talented!

We shall see? ;)

Colin, I have family that live a couple blocks from 66, 87 and 71. You close by ?

Live in DC area now, but grew up in the village.....15 min walking distance (Hill Street) from those guys. Attended QV in 70's. My mom still lives there and I sit on a couple of non-profit boards that requires me to travel there frequently including this upcoming weekend. Ironically, I'm involved in a ceremony this Saturday at The Edgeworth Club, a 3 minute walk from the owner's house. ..... sounds like your family either lives off of Woodland Road....., or somewhere near the academy (Off of Beaver) ..... or towards the village via Centennial Avenue.

BTW........a piece of trivia, The owner now lives in the house formerly owned and lived in by former United States Amateur Golf Champion, Carol Semple-Thompson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carol_Semple). Her father was the head of the United States Golf Association in the 70's. $$$$$$$........

Last edited:
Grew up in the village.....15 min walking distance (Hill Street) from those guys. Attended QV in 70's. My mom still lives there and I sit on a couple of non-profit boards that requires me to travel there frequently including this upcoming weekend. Ironically, I'm involved in a ceremony this Saturday at The Edgeworth Club, a 3 minute walk to the owner's house. ..... sounds like your family either lives off of Woodland Road....., or somewhere near the academy (Off of Beaver) ..... or towards the village.

BTW........a piece of trivia, The owner now lives in the house formerly owned and lived in by former United States Amateur Golf Champion, Carol Semple-Thompson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carol_Semple) whose family was wealthy enough that she never considered turning pro, although she could have. Her father was the head of the United States Golf Association in the 70's. $$$$$$$........

Colin, the
Live in DC area now, but grew up in the village.....15 min walking distance (Hill Street) from those guys. Attended QV in 70's. My mom still lives there and I sit on a couple of non-profit boards that requires me to travel there frequently including this upcoming weekend. Ironically, I'm involved in a ceremony this Saturday at The Edgeworth Club, a 3 minute walk from the owner's house. ..... sounds like your family either lives off of Woodland Road....., or somewhere near the academy (Off of Beaver) ..... or towards the village via Centennial Avenue.

BTW........a piece of trivia, The owner now lives in the house formerly owned and lived in by former United States Amateur Golf Champion, Carol Semple-Thompson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carol_Semple). Her father was the head of the United States Golf Association in the 70's. $$$$$$$........

Colon, no doubt my Uncle will be at the club this weekend, your family may very well him. Don't want to post his name, he is a PITT grad and very influential.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT