ADVERTISEMENT

Emma Hayes under fire

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
Has come out and said that coach/player relationships are certainly inappropriate and that player/player relationships present significant challenges.

She’s been absolutely universally respected and adored up until this point in her career and is now taking heat for these comments. And if she’s not careful, she will have a difficult time here with our US team given the culture that was created here.

Who cares? Barcelona is the dominant women’s club in the world. They have 2 players married to each other who have an adopted child and two other players living in a same sex, interracial relationship. And no one here gives a f**k.

In fact, the only reason I know about this is that Barca TV has run a series of shows about the outside lives of players and they did one on the two married players raising their child together.

Last edited:
Who cares? Barcelona is the dominant women’s club in the world. They have 2 players married to each other who have an adopted child and two other players living in a same sex, interracial relationship. And no one here gives a f**k.
That’s not the point. Hayes stated her opinion, which was relatively tame, and it caused a huge uproar among players, among fans, and among a very vocal swill of people on line who probably don’t even know what a soccer ball is. And now she’s our coach so we shall see if our players take issue with her.

Chelsea lost the Conti Cup Final today. Hayes wasn’t happy. Not sure what set her off because I didn’t watch. But she is a pistol

Chelsea lost the Conti Cup Final today. Hayes wasn’t happy. Not sure what set her off because I didn’t watch. But she is a pistol

I didn't see it, but apparently the guy was pulling some kind of shenanigans when Chelsea players were trying to throw balls in. He was bitching at one of their players and the fourth official at one point and got a yellow for it.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT