ADVERTISEMENT

End of season ACC basketball awards- Hinson, Carrington, Lowe

Vader_Storm

Sophomore
Dec 16, 2018
Started looking deeper at the player stats this year. It looks like Hinson has an outside chance of being 1st team All ACC and our 2 freshmen guards have a chance for all rookie team. If Hinson and Pitt finish strong, he could maybe jump into 1st team.

Contenders for the top 2 all acc teams

RJ Davis- likely frontrunner for ACC player of the year right now- Major former Pitt target who we lost out on
PJ Hall- probably runner up frontrunner for ACC player of the year right now

No specific order

Bacot
Hinson
Mintz- Former Pitt commit
Omier
Sallis
Beekman
Filipowski
Horne

These should be the frontrunners for 1st and 2nd team all acc.

For the freshmen teams, no specific order

Mccain
Burton
Ndongo
Carrington
George
Lowe
Tylaur Johnson-Heavy former target, stopped recruiting him because of Lowe
Cadeau
Foster

Carrington looks safe to make it and is probably 2nd or 3rd in ACC freshmen of the year voting to Mccain I would think and maybe Burton. Lowe has work to do to close the gap on George. I think Lowe is 6th maybe 7th right now. I think Lowe can close that gap by seasons end.

I think Davis, Hall, and Filipowski are locks for first team. Leaves two spots left and I think Hinson has a great shot at it, especially if we keep winning. I’d probably go Hinson, Omier, Mintz, Sallis in that order as of today.

I think Davis, Hall, and Filipowski are locks for first team. Leaves two spots left and I think Hinson has a great shot at it, especially if we keep winning. I’d probably go Hinson, Omier, Mintz, Sallis in that order as of today.

I think Bacot probably has a slot on that 1st team. With 15 / 10 / 2 / 2 on the current best team in the conference with 56% from the field, its going to be hard to leave him off. He was 1st team all acc last year and 3rd in POY voting.

Is there a 6th man award? If so, Ish should be considered

There is, but Im not sure he would qualify since he started 14 games. Sibande won this award last year.

I dont know the rules in terms of qualification for this award.

Forgot about Sibande winning this 😳

I'm wondering if they'd count the OOC games? If J-Lowe starts the rest of the season, would he have more ACC starts than Ish?

I dont know the rules for the 6th man, Joe or someone might know.

There is also a most improved player award and an all acc defensive player award. And of course the coach of the year.

I would imagine Ish is on the defensive team. And if Fede finishes out the rest of the season like he has done the last 8 games, I think he is going to make it too. I still cant get over the turnaround in DR rebound rate by Fede.

Finishing strong might also put Capel in position for coach of the year. We are winning and are down to 8 scholarship players. Our margin for error is zero with injuries and guys slacking off. So what Capel has done this short handed is impressive.

I dont know the rules for the 6th man, Joe or someone might know.

I don't know that there is any actual rule. They haven't been giving that award for all that long, but BeeJay Anya of NC State won it in a year that he started 11 games. Matthew Cleveland started 8 games two years ago when he won it. Last year Ben Vander Plas finished in second in the voting behind Sibande and he started 15 games.

I think that the voters can vote for whomever they want.

Reactions: Chairman Moe
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT