ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN’s College Football Playoff reveal show

MorningCoffee13

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2023
If anyone who watched it, maybe you can help me out here. I swear I heard Ręce Davis introduce Herbie as the “most important man in College Football”

Did I mishear that or is he really such a megalomaniac he and ESPN actually believe it?

I have always viewed him as a snake oil salesman

Yes, that's what he said. Reece Davis is a promote-the-narrative guy, as evidenced by his defense of the committee.

Reactions: cease10
Herbie was one of the loudest mouths yelling for Bama over Noles.

ESPN controls the bowl games.

Follow the money...Herbie influences committee for his own wants and ESPN wants. Would not have lobbied if Noles were his beloved Buckeyes.

Too much sheer idiocy in this thread to even comprehend.

if you consider yourself a college football fan and you don't appreciate Herby and Rece, that says everything about you.

If I didn’t have to watch espn for certain games, I’m not sure I would bother at all!

Too much sheer idiocy in this thread to even comprehend.

if you consider yourself a college football fan and you don't appreciate Herby and Rece, that says everything about you.
All the ESPN talking head promotion, NIL money and 5 starts in the world still won't get your Big Pretend a win when it matters, bub.

Or how brain washed you are.
💯🎯 fully agree with you

I'm so sick of these ESPN talking heads. Reese Davis needs to stick to the hosting role and stop giving opinion. I'm not tuning in to hear his opinion on anything. He needs to STFU and just moderate the discussion.

All the ESPN talking head promotion, NIL money and 5 starts in the world still won't get your Big Pretend a win when it matters, bub.
Is that supposed to be some kind of insult?

I root for the teams that I like, not leagues.

Like every other college football fan, I do have opinions about the quality of leagues, and my opinion is the ACC is a southern basketball league that nobody on this board, including blind loyalists like you, would pay the slightest attention to during football season if Pitt were not in it. The fact that Pitt is in it doesn't turn rational adults into cheerleaders for the ACC, as it apparently does with you and other like-minded simps on this board. Another one of my opinions, even though I don't support a single team in it, is that the SEC is far and away the best college football league of them all. The B10 is second, and a distant second. The B10 is more relevant to me because most of my family members and freinds graduated from B10 schools, and I have lived in the middle of B10 country since I was in 5th grade. The ACC outside of Pitt, the PAC and the B12 don't matter to me in the least, and never have. As we are clearly seeing with conference realignment dynamics, those leagues don't matter to most other people either.

Anyway, in the spirit of the season, I bought you a Xmas present--need your address for shipping. I assume it's 1 Tobacco Road, Atlantic Coast Conference, Confederate States of America?
images

Last edited:
Reactions: Atlanta Panther
I know he was joking about the comment to Kirk, but that doesn't change the fact that he is a promote-the-narrative guy.
He's totally pushing the narrative that ESPN and the CFP Committee want him to push, Booger had a total "this mf'er" look on his face whenever they cut to him when Herbie was talking.

Or how brain washed you are.
At least I have a brain to be washed unlike you and most in this thread

"Brainwashed" is one word BTW.

If you actually dislike Herbie and Rece, you actually don't think they are good at what they do, and you actually perceive them as overtly biased as opposed to simply expressing their own genuine opinions that all are free to disagree with, you really are (1) not very smart and (2) not a legitimate college football fan. It's that simple.

In case you weren't aware, Rece Davis is a 1993 graduate from ...

drum roll ...

wait for it ...

The University of Alabama
Just to be clear--you're suggesting he's super biased and pushing an agenda of some kind, and that's because he's a Bama grad?

Just to be clear--you're suggesting he's super biased and pushing an agenda of some kind, and that's because he's a Bama grad?
Just putting it out there for anyone to consider while forming an opinion on Davis, and how he must "feel" with the Crimson Tide in the playoffs ... again.

FWIW, guys like Louis Riddick and Ryan Clark display their bias for Pitt and the Steelers on ESPN; Davis and Herbstreidt have done so for Bama and OSU. It's human nature. I'd be shocked if these guys weren't biased

Reactions: Atlanta Panther
Just putting it out there for anyone to consider while forming an opinion on Davis, and how he must "feel" with the Crimson Tide in the playoffs ... again.

FWIW, guys like Louis Riddick and Ryan Clark display their bias for Pitt and the Steelers on ESPN; Davis and Herbstreidt have done so for Bama and OSU. It's human nature. I'd be shocked if these guys weren't biased
everyone has their own personal biases but professionals don’t let it color their viewpoints. Herby and Davis are as objective as they come. Herbstreit moved out of Ohio for the backlash he and his family got for daring to criticize almighty OSU. He is the most reasonable and knowledgeable college football analyst in my lifetime, and he calls it as he sees it through clear lenses. Sometimes his objective viewpoints and opinions favor OSU, Bama, etc. That doesn’t mean they’re colored by personal bias.

To me, Herbie, Fowler and Rece help make college football the great game it is. They are genuine in their enthusiasm for the sport as a whole, not just certain schools or leagues.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT