ADVERTISEMENT

Excuses Excuses

AJSH2P

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jun 21, 2015
That’s all I see on Twitter right now for why people can’t go. Pricing of seats, parking, traffic, construction, etc… is every other fan base like this? It’s pathetic.

I’m not saying you have to go or anything. People have kids, other plans, or even would rather watch at home. But please don’t cite traffic as why you aren’t coming, or a $35 ticket.

I saw a tweet where a guy was complaining that some seats are at $150-175 single game for Clemson. Buddy that’s a club seat that gets you access to the new club area inside the Pete. It’s really nice, you should check it out sometime, but it’s also perfectly ok if you don’t want to pay that because there are $35-40 seats available as well.

I have just recently graduated and am by no means flush with cash, but I did manage to pay for a $320 ic light club membership which gets me access to club seats. It’s a crazy good deal if they actually are good about posting seats on the app they have, and it was a gamble on us actually having a decent product to watch this year. Turns out we do which is nice. But I get we suck and have sucked, so there weren’t going to be thousands or even hundreds of people lining up to spend a few hundred on this team just yet. That’s fine.

The excuses are just pathetic though. And we see it for football too, especially for 2021’s Clemson game. Pitt does this to protect season ticket and basically signal to people to buy those. It’s understandable and yes there probably should be a best of both worlds situation like this one where your first priority should be getting people into the building and creating an atmosphere for a team that deserves it, while also preserving the value of being a season ticket holder (I am not a season ticket holder to save money or anything, but I know some people do like the thought of getting a good deal on a package offer. I just do it to support my school).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News