ADVERTISEMENT

Fillipowski

Million Dollar Fine and No Students for 3
Games

They can rush the floor once the court is cleared. It only takes a 2 minute delay for this to happen.

There was a game earlier this year where that actually happened. Not two minutes, but long enough for the visiting team to get off the court before the students came out. I can't remember off the top of my head which schools were involved.

I got to say, the more I see this the more I feel two things

One, court storming are ok but maybe should be a bit more controlled. That one was wild.

Two, flip 100% didn’t help things. He absolutely tried to trip the guy and that probably led to the contact.

Fact of the matter is that with these stormings people rarely get hurt. Filipowski certainly contributed to this.

Reactions: gary2 and cease10

One, court storming are ok but maybe should be a bit more controlled. That one was wild.

Two, flip 100% didn’t help things. He absolutely tried to trip the guy and that probably led to the contact.

Fact of the matter is that with these stormings people rarely get hurt. Filipowski certainly contributed to this.
He was literally just walking

As a tall guy coming off a ankle surgery -
It’s very easy to roll your ankle in a wild scene like they
Wake fans may be uglier than Duke fans - which is braggable

Yeah. You can see the little WF dork
with the cell phone saying something right in KFs face. It would take Herculean restraint not to deck the little twaat. Looks like KF kinda reached out to shoved him

No matter, I'd still side with the player

I would go further and force the students that rushed the court to watch the entire Kevin Stallings 2017-2018 ACC games. That would be worse than tar and feathering.
Or to really send a message, they could be tied to a chair and forced to listen to Barbara Streisand for eight hours.

No offense but you are effing nuts. He turned and started to slowly walk off the court and got slammed.

Yeah. You can see the little WF dork
with the cell phone saying something right in KFs face. It would take Herculean restraint not to deck the little twaat. Looks like KF kinda reached out to shoved him

No matter, I'd still side with the player
He got tripped while walking
He was catching his balance - not shoving and tripping people .

I swear people are absolutely nuts with what they are imagining -

KF stumbles over a students shoe, and then rolls his ankle on another shoe.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Why wouldn’t you sprint when you saw the crowd coming? He knew exactly what he wanted to have happen.

That's against all instincts. Per routine, players are conditioned to collecting their thoughts/emotions after a hard fought game and move on to the post-game handshake. ...Also, he was in the center of the court. Within seconds, crowd converged from all sides. I don't think he has much of a chance to avoid it.

And while it can be dangerous, and Wake fans are in the wrong, I think Duke/Flip are milking the whole thing and the only thing injured is mostly the kid's feelings. I may be way off on that, but that's my opinion.

Why wouldn’t you sprint when you saw the crowd coming? He knew exactly what he wanted to have happen.

I'm just glad the much smaller fan he tried to trip isn't currently recovering from facial reconstructive surgery for simply trying to celebrate a win by his team.

Doesn't seem like the results of a basketball are worth anyone losing his or her teeth over, but I guess Flip disagrees.

Reactions: cease10 and gary2
I think it is unfortunate that a player gets injured while being pinballed around by fans storming the court...until it is Flip. He seems to be a typical whiney, white boy Dukie that gets preferential treatment from the ACC officials while he pushes he way around without impunity inside the paint during games. Calling a foul on him subjects the officials to scorn and diaper rash feedback from him, the Dukie coaching staff and faithful.

Doubt that Flip and the Dukies get much sympathy from conference foes on this one.

That's against all instincts. Per routine, players are conditioned to collecting their thoughts/emotions after a hard fought game and move on to the post-game handshake. ...Also, he was in the center of the court. Within seconds, crowd converged from all sides. I don't think he has much of a chance to avoid it.

And while it can be dangerous, and Wake fans are in the wrong, I think Duke/Flip are milking the whole thing and the only thing injured is mostly the kid's feelings. I may be way off on that, but that's my opinion.
Get the hell out of here. If you are on the golf course putting out and suddenly the skies open up, do you slowly walk to your cart or wherever and contemplate that hole? Hell No. When stuff goes down the natural tendency is to get the hell out of dodge. Flip could have made a ton of choice. Run off the court. Go to the monied fans sideline and wait. But he slowly. Very slowly walked across the midst of the tidal wave and looked to actually take out a fan on purpose.

It reminds me of the image of Jon Snow in Battle of the Bastards from Game of Thrones.

Get the hell out of here. If you are on the golf course putting out and suddenly the skies open up, do you slowly walk to your cart or wherever and contemplate that hole? Hell No. When stuff goes down the natural tendency is to get the hell out of dodge. Flip could have made a ton of choice. Run off the court. Go to the monied fans sideline and wait. But he slowly. Very slowly walked across the midst of the tidal wave and looked to actually take out a fan on purpose.

It reminds me of the image of Jon Snow
in Battle of the Bastards from Game of Thrones.

The golf course analogy is a different scenario. He had people sprinting towards him from all directions. I don't think sprinting there is such a good idea. That sounds like a high speed collision waiting to happen.

Agree he tried to trip the kid. Saw a replay from above and sure looks like he extended his leg to trip him.
Some people are saying “oh that’s just his stride.”

Yeah, maybe if I’m he was in the Wehrmacht in 1938 Germany.
Agree he tried to trip the kid. Saw an replay from above and sure looks like he extended his leg to trip him

Some people are saying “oh that’s just his stride.”

Yeah, maybe if I’m he was in the Wehrmacht in 1938 Germany.
He definitely tried to trip the kid. He also extended a forearm. The kid was running past him, not into him. The only thing I can say in Filipowski's defense is that the kid's head was turned toward him before he reacted. The kid must have been yelling something at him, but that's no excuse to trip and forearm someone. Obviously we don't know what he said, but "eff you, you ugly pollock" is more likely to get a physical reaction than "yay, we won".

But none of that matters. They stormed the court and the opposing team's star player was injured. Like it or not, that's the story.

Flopowski is so lame for this. Him and Caitlin Clarke. Biggest flop artists in the sport.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT