ADVERTISEMENT

Final Info - RE Bell / Yurcich & A Look Ahead

larboski280

Junior
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
Valencia
So all the info up until me predicting Yurcich would be hired was dead on. The prevailing thought would be the he would walk into his second interview, kill it, be offered, and accept.

From what I heard - MY must have been reading the press clippings as well. His in-person was - underwhelming. I was told he basically just prepared to be named the OC, and didn’t actually come with a ton of substance at that. Had no plan for the current roster, how they would fit the scheme, etc.

Supposedly Bell did his homework. Had done some scouting reports on the current players and was able to show where and how they fit into his scheme. Totally blew his own interview away (as already mentioned) but really made MY just look - not great.

It sounds like Bell earned this position, and wasn’t handed it. We can all sit here and debate whether or not it is the right call. What we can say, is that this hire shows that, albeit slowly, HCPN understands he needs to adapt.

The board may not like HCPN. Hell, a lot of people don’t. He gives off a pretty arrogant, condescending vibe when he talks to the media sometimes. However - that isn’t the man that’s leading this program. HCPN truly cares for and loves his players. They would, and still will, run through a brick wall for him. So much so - that the team themselves came to him about the QB situation. Not as a mutiny, but as a family.

Don’t be so quick to run him off. We laugh and wanted to ship Wanny away, and Dixon. Yes - they never got over the hump. However, they at least got to the hump. They did that all the while loving Pitt. Everyone on the board wanted them to go - and look how long it took to recover.

I figured, like my source, that MY was going to walk out of his in person our OC. He didn’t. Someone that showed the same care and passion for what his next stop did. I’m on board, for good, or for worse. We all should be too. Rally around the future..

As always - shout out to @Chris Peak - true gentleman and a throwback to journalism and not sensationalism.

H2P

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News