ADVERTISEMENT

For those who think I'm overly paranoid about the local media

I'm a philly alumn and Chescat is 100% right. I assume its because many of the writers in Pittsburgh are Penn State alumni who care less about showing their bias. Where most of the writers in Philly are from one of the big 5 schools and don't want to be viewed as biased towards any of the other schools.

You make a good point. I wonder why Pgh media does limit themselved to Point Park, PSAC, and PSU grads
I thought that Pitt had a partnership with point Park, where journalism people are allowed to go there and take some classes and be a part of their program?? I could’ve sworn I heard of some guys doing that like Dan Marino……

Yohe is irrelevant unless you’re a Pens fan, so I don’t know much about him and his allegiances…but I think he’s been weirdly way more critical of Pickett than the typical person on twitter. That’s usually a tell tale sign that you’re a Nitter or hoopie. Plus, he doesn’t cover football so it’s even stranger.

I didn’t realize until now how much misery these people are in because a Pitt guy is the QB of their beloved Steelers. I mean, I always knew it bothered these tribal idiots, but I never thought about how significantly it has ruined their lives. And I am getting a huge kick out of it. Yohe is in misery and he’s just punching back a little in an effort to make himself feel better.

I'm a philly alumn and Chescat is 100% right. I assume its because many of the writers in Pittsburgh are Penn State alumni who care less about showing their bias. Where most of the writers in Philly are from one of the big 5 schools and don't want to be viewed as biased towards any of the other schools.
Journalists who work in Philly can tell themselves they're just one step away from the big leagues - either NY or a national publication. Journalists who work in Pittsburgh have basically maxed out and hit their ceiling. They're here and often resentful of that. Plus for whatever reason, even though there are a bunch of schools in town we seem to get nobody local to cover Pittsburgh sports teams. It's all Syracuse, Penn State, WVU, and especially the Penn State branch campuses.

So there's no loyalty to the local team and there's no career incentive to be unbiased.

Yohe is irrelevant unless you’re a Pens fan, so I don’t know much about him and his allegiances…but I think he’s been weirdly way more critical of Pickett than the typical person on twitter. That’s usually a tell tale sign that you’re a Nitter or hoopie. Plus, he doesn’t cover football so it’s even stranger.

I didn’t realize until now how much misery these people are in because a Pitt guy is the QB of their beloved Steelers. I mean, I always knew it bothered these tribal idiots, but I never thought about how significantly it has ruined their lives. And I am getting a huge kick out of it. Yohe is in misery and he’s just punching back a little in an effort to make himself feel better.
A guy like Yohe commenting on football is no different than you or I. He's not covering the team closely and he can sit back and take cheap shots all he wants.

I've said this a thousand times on this board but it's always easier for these guys to be negative. It's always the easier story to write because they would have to show some knowledge of what is going on to write a positive article. They even go so far as to ridicule anyone who tries to point out the anchor that's been around this offense's neck. There is zero perception that anyone in the locker room thinks that this has been on Pickett because the players would let you know.

Another one that fits this narrative is Dejan. By his own admission he follows zero college athletics. Says he knows nothing about it. On his site he is constantly bitching that the college stories his team produces gets very little traffic. He never seems to get the fact that there are better outlets than his that cover college athletics and if you never go to the games and treat colleges as secondary, why would people read your material. But he is always willing to pile onto the attendance narrative.

Another one that fits this narrative is Dejan. By his own admission he follows zero college athletics. Says he knows nothing about it. On his site he is constantly bitching that the college stories his team produces gets very little traffic. He never seems to get the fact that there are better outlets than his that cover college athletics and if you never go to the games and treat colleges as secondary, why would people read your material. But he is always willing to pile onto the attendance narrative.
Perhaps having a reputation as being an a-hole boss hurts the quality of employees willing to work for him?

Perhaps having a reputation as being an a-hole boss hurts the quality of employees willing to work for him?
He actually had two good ones that were on the pitt beat. Larry something and I think Chris Carter did pitt for him for a year but I might be wrong.

Here is the The Athletic's Code of Conduct. Do with it as you will.

Code of Conduct

Kaboly isn't too bad on the Sunday night showdown, but does instigate a little on twitter.

The Athletic does a round table of their AFC North writers every week and the fans of the other AFC North teams seem to hate Kaboly with a passion. It actually can be kind of funny, because sometimes he throws in a comment that you know is just there to troll those fans, and it pretty much always works.

Don't throw Kaboly in with those two. He agitates them but doesn't have much to do with them.
Kaboly is a different breed of bad Pittsburgh sports journalist. Madden and Yohe play heels and talk crap on every team except their precious perfect Penguins. Kaboly is just a shameless Steelers mouthpiece who would happily wipe Rooneys butt if he was asked to.

It's odd he doesn't do a better job tapping into the college world. While the professional teams obviously get a lot of the attention, college fans can be borderline obsessive. If his site covered a bit more recruiting and took the weekly college football coverage more seriously the traffic would increase.

I unfollowed Josh Yohe immediately. Thought about taking a shot at him but it's just not worth it. Block/unfollow and move on. No reason to pay attention to clowns.
From what I remember, yohe and rossi did a hit piece on Hextall once he was fired. I think there were a couple of events that they claimed happened that didn't.

I would like to subscribe to the Athletic, but knowing those 2 clowns write for it has turned me off.

Kaboly is a different breed of bad Pittsburgh sports journalist. Madden and Yohe play heels and talk crap on every team except their precious perfect Penguins. Kaboly is just a shameless Steelers mouthpiece who would happily wipe Rooneys butt if he was asked to.
You didn't see his post-game article this week? Don't remember that James Harrison kind of went after him in the locker room? He even had Minkah pissed at him this fall. Guys like him cover the team daily and are in the facility all the time. Yes, there's a bit of a fine line they have to walk or they will struggle to get players and staff to talk to them but it's not like he is any sort of shameless mouthpiece.

Even Michelle Michaels, DVE, Logan Cooley ' from Penn State and West Mifflin'....
Cults don't die.

As Pitt fan, I always thought Rudolph had a legit NFL arm based on what he did to us while in college. To be frank, I have been surprised over the past couple years someone wouldn't trade the Steelers for him ... I always thought he is a bona fide #2 QB and that some team would give the Steelers something for him, given that he was lingering in the #3 spot here.

Reactions: FireballZ
As Pitt fan, I always thought Rudolph had a legit NFL arm based on what he did to us while in college. To be frank, I have been surprised over the past couple years someone wouldn't trade the Steelers for him ... I always thought he is a bona fide #2 QB and that some team would give the Steelers something for him, given that he was lingering in the #3 spot here.
I'd say he helped his career significantly yesterday.

I knew Adamski in high school. He didn't become a douche troll until he went to state penn. I think it's his own insecurities about being tied to the cult of paterno that makes him project his own self hatred on others.

To be frank, I have been surprised over the past couple years someone wouldn't trade the Steelers for him ... I always thought he is a bona fide #2 QB and that some team would give the Steelers something for him, given that he was lingering in the #3 spot here.

He was a free agent last off season, and he got literally no offers from anyone to be their backup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT