ADVERTISEMENT

Francis Brewu taking an OV to MSU

pittmeister

Assistant Coach
May 26, 2010

This would be a big loss...

an official visit a week before LOI day to another school, lord almighty that stinks.

Our d-tackles next season are going to be Billy Bob and Angus.

landscape-1471460473-1280-varsity-blues-still.jpg

Ct6hZzsXYAA6dyk

Our d-tackles next season are going to be Billy Bob and Angus.

landscape-1471460473-1280-varsity-blues-still.jpg

Ct6hZzsXYAA6dyk
we have great recent success to on the DL, DT and DEs. a great position coach, a very aggressive system where these guys can put up numbers..

just frustrating, you'd think a good high school recruit would love to come into this system and play for Partridge. it's not even like it's a deep position either, a respectable freshman could EASILY crack the top 2 just by showing up, there really isnt anyone to compete with..

Someone like Donald & Kancey needs to send him or his dad a text and remind him that they've done very well at Pitt.

It's tough when you finish 3-9 (then again, MSU wasn't so great either) and have crybabies like FSU whining about the ACC. It's used against you.

Someone like Donald & Kancey needs to send him or his dad a text and remind him that they've done very well at Pitt.

It's tough when you finish 3-9 (then again, MSU wasn't so great either) and have crybabies like FSU whining about the ACC. It's used against you.
It would be better if it was a bag of cash, errrr NIL deal...

Kind of crazy how it works.

"Here's $150K to redshirt with us and keep us in consideration when you're ready to hit the portal, or at least threaten to do so, in 12 months."
And that's exactly how it's working. He was offered by MSU in June, and all of a sudden decides to take an official visit now. Signing only means you're there next year.

Trying to build a roster will be close to impossible.

Can someone remind me who the posters were who thought the NIL was a good thing, because everybody’s making money except these poor little 18-22 year old full scholarship, coddled athletes, about time they get their due, coaches make huge money come and go as they please, blah blah blah?????

The sport is ruined and will never recover from these unregulated NIL bags, free transfers, and the realignment craze. The idea that NIL would ever be anything more than straight up legalized pay to play was fantasy. It should all make any legit longtime college football fan sick.

Can someone remind me who the posters were who thought the NIL was a good thing, because everybody’s making money except these poor little 18-22 year old full scholarship, coddled athletes, about time they get their due, coaches make huge money come and go as they please, blah blah blah?????

The sport is ruined and will never recover from these unregulated NIL bags, free transfers, and the realignment craze. The idea that NIL would ever be anything more than straight up legalized pay to play was fantasy. It should all make any legit longtime college football fan sick.
I am one of those posters and I see nothing wrong. Kids have a right to do what they want and get paid. Screw your draconian college athletics system.

The NCAA is directly to blame for this mess. They had their head in the sand for years. The Terrelle Pryor incident or Reggie Bush incident was an opportunity for the NCAA to take a look at its amateurism policy. They chose not to, and even when SCOTUS took this argument and the writing was on the wall, the NCAA did nothing. Worth noting that SCOTUS justices almost never agree on anything, but this was a 9-0 vote. That’s how poor the NCAA argument was.

I am one of those posters and I see nothing wrong. Kids have a right to do what they want and get paid. Screw your draconian college athletics system.

It's not going to end up well for the so called kids either. 90+ percent of these players will never see an NFL paycheck. Getting a free education was a big deal for a lot of players.

School is becoming more meaningless, and that will also be changing to unnecessary in the future. They'll piss away the few sheckels of pay for play money and have nothing to fall back on.

The vast majority of these players are nothing more than mediocre cannon fodder. They won't end up better off as this shakes out.

It's not going to end up well for the so called kids either. 90+ percent of these players will never see an NFL paycheck. Getting a free education was a big deal for a lot of players.

School is becoming more meaningless, and that will also be changing to unnecessary in the future. They'll piss away the few sheckels of pay for play money and have nothing to fall back on.

The vast majority of these players are nothing more than mediocre cannon fodder. They won't end up better off as this shakes out.
I think a college education generally is becoming meaningless. 100K+ in debt for a piece of paper that says Congrats, you passed classes. College is an excuse for you to move away from home and party.

I’m praying my kids see the light and bypass college and get into a trade, funeral director or nurse…

How is “this is straight up pay for play” a response to people who thought kids should be paid?

College is overrated, especially in this day and age.

Plus, it's not like the graduation rate is high for football and basketball players. These kids don't care about the school.

The goal is to get the bag while they can. And I fully support them. The main education I hope they get is financial literacy.

Financial Literacy should be a graduation requirement for all high school students. Florida recently implemented that.

Many kids are coming out of high school and instantly signing on to 100K debt. All for this sham of college education which should be free for all.

I think a college education generally is becoming meaningless. 100K+ in debt for a piece of paper that says Congrats, you passed classes. College is an excuse for you to move away from home and party.

I’m praying my kids see the light and bypass college and get into a trade, funeral director or nurse…

There is no light as everyone is different.

Anyone can be successful with the right work ethic, determination, and focus.

Don't need a college education, but the vast majority of data suggest you're better off in the long run.

Reactions: pittmeister

Plus, it's not like the graduation rate is high for football and basketball players. These kids don't care about the school.

The goal is to get the bag while they can. And I fully support them. The main education I hope they get is financial literacy.

Financial Literacy should be a graduation requirement for all high school students. Florida recently implemented that.

Many kids are coming out of high school and instantly signing on to 100K debt. All for this sham of college education which should be free for all.

Many of these kids come from meager backgrounds in families where nobody is educated. They have an opportunity for a free education, and aren't taking on the debt you're talking about. They also get free support, tutoring, etc.

Contrary to your belief, most of these kids do graduate. A $150k NIL bag isn't nearly as important in the long run.

Many kids are coming out of high school and instantly signing on to 100K debt. All for this guy sham of college education which should be free for all.
This is exactly right. Not only are you 100K in debt, student loans are loans with compound interest. When you take everything in, college is a legal racket.

What you say is true, but the problem now is not the draconian college athletics system. It's that there essentially is no system.

Kids have a right to be paid, I agree, but not without some kind of limits on either compensation or movement, and not in the currently highly opaque manner that business is certainly being conducted right now. No sports league acts like this, because it makes no sense.

The handlers/agent scum that pervades everything will eventually corrupt things so much that the model will change, but it will take time for the vermin to really pick up steam.

A $150k NIL bag isn't nearly as important in the long run.
You can't say that when we're only a few yrs in with NIL compensation. Time will tell.

Some will definitely squander their money, which tends to happen in life.

Also, some will know to manage their money and make wise investments.

And there will be many with a college degree AND their NIL compensation. So, to your point....if and when the NIL money dries up, they'll have a degree to fall back on.....if the degree is worth anything.

No sports league acts like this, because it makes no sense.

The handlers/agent scum that pervades everything will eventually corrupt things so much that the model will change, but it will take time for the vermin to really pick up steam.
Lol...you mean the school presidents and administrators that's been hiding behind amateurism so they wouldn't have to admit to running a money making sports league. Yep, those are the scum that has it the way it is. 😀

Reactions: Las Panteras
Lol...you mean the school presidents and administrators that's been hiding behind amateurism so they wouldn't have to admit to running a money making sports league. Yep, those are the scum that has it the way it is. 😀
I see. The scum comment seems to have rankled you. No wonder you love the current situation so much.

everyone is soo worried about a DL from HS.
Nothing else to worry about i guess.
The DL is weak in depth and talent. The best DL we had (Sammy O) has left. Brewu is in my opinion the best prospect in the recruiting class. If you asked me a few days ago I would have told you this is the one recruit we can't lose. He is a Kancey clone.. Yeah, I'd say it's a big deal...

Why should college be free?

The DL is weak in depth and talent. The best DL we had (Sammy O) has left. Brewu is in my opinion the best prospect in the recruiting class. If you asked me a few days ago I would have told you this is the one recruit we can't lose. He is a Kancey clone.. Yeah, I'd say it's a big deal...
other concerns
QB
WR
RB
DE
LB
CB
SS
FSTop

What you say is true, but the problem now is not the draconian college athletics system. It's that there essentially is no system.

Kids have a right to be paid, I agree, but not without some kind of limits on either compensation or movement, and not in the currently highly opaque manner that business is certainly being conducted right now. No sports league acts like this, because it makes no sense.

Then colleges should start treating them like employees.

You don’t get to do everything in your power to tell courts, “these players are not employees, and don’t you dare say they are,” and then have the legal world say, “okay. Then they aren’t employees and can act accordingly without your control.”

Last edited:
Reactions: TD_6082
This is exactly right. Not only are you 100K in debt, student loans are loans with compound interest. When you take everything in, college is a legal racket.

But it’s not right.

There’s this idea out there, largely thanks to progressive intellectuals and conservatives responding to the progressive narrative, that college graduates are these 200k in debt philosophy majors or something.

And so progressives cry about how unfair the student loan debt is and how unfair and hopeless the future is for college graduates compared to their parents and grandparents.

And conservatives mock them and college as a whole and say, “you shouldn’t be bailed out for racking up debt to learn the history of 17th century colonial lesbianism, and you should instead learn a trade.”

But the average college experience is some waitress that racks up 20k in debt to become a nurse and comes out making 3x to 4x her previous earning power.

College degrees are a great investment over the life of the person that earned it when analyzing debt vs earning power. Every study shows that.

But it’s not right.

There’s this idea out there, largely thanks to progressive intellectuals and conservatives responding to the progressive narrative, that college graduates are these 200k in debt philosophy majors or something.

And so progressives cry about how unfair the student loan debt is and how unfair and hopeless the future is for college graduates compared to their parents and grandparents.

And conservatives mock them and college as a whole and say, “you shouldn’t be bailed out for racking up debt to learn the history of 17th century colonial lesbianism, and you should instead learn a trade.”

But the average college experience is some waitress that racks up 20k in debt to become a nurse and comes out making 3x to 4x her previous earning power.

College degrees are a great investment over the life of the person that earned it when analyzing debt vs earning power. Every study shows that.
I just don’t think you need to go to college to be successful. Or, you can go to a community college if you’d like. Take for example a friend of mine who slept through classes in High School and got D’s. Now, he’s the owner of a couple of highly successful coffee shops in Fort Lauderdale and rolling in money. All the while, 0 college experience.

Sales is another career you don’t need any kind of formal schooling. College doesn’t teach you sales skill. You either have it, or you don’t. Tons of jobs exist where you don’t need college to be successful. Hell, those traveling nurses are making 150 an hour…community college, nursing school….bankroll.

other concerns
QB
WR
RB
DE
LB
CB
SS
FSTop
Yes they are....

But can't they be addressed at the same time while being concerned about a talented recruit decommitting? Why is it one or the other?

At each position you mentioned I can tell you who the probable starters most likely will be. In the case of DL, It looks like Temple, Fitz, Neal and Hayes with no proven talent or depth behind them. Can't afford to lose good recruits at that position.

It would be better if it was a bag of cash, errrr NIL deal...
Why equivocate.
NIL is the big bag of cash.
Once the press starts calling it what it really is, everyone will follow and the players can then be treated like pros, which is what they really are now.
The only entities wishing to continue this false narrative are the press and the colleges themselves.
Why are they trying to live in the past, besides trying to convince their donors and cult like fans that nothing has changed when it comes to their favorite religion and one true god, their favorite college football team and conference.

I don't know what world you live in but that's not the average experience.

Everyone's not getting degrees as nurses or computer programmers with high salaries. There's many low paying professionals like teachers.

Also, your 20K debt estimate is very low.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT