ADVERTISEMENT

Friermuth/Washington

Oct 25, 2021
Could these buttholes be any worse? A soft, slow marshmallow who can neither block, get open, nor catch... and a crippled old man who lumbers down the field like a mummy. Two wasted picks. If these are the two dudes who are supposed to be keeping the end tight, we need some adult diapers.

Could these buttholes be any worse? A soft, slow marshmallow who can neither block, get open, nor catch... and a crippled old man who lumbers down the field like a mummy. Two wasted picks. If these are the two dudes who are supposed to be keeping the end tight, we need some adult diapers.

Washington has a lot of upside and is a beast blocking. Let's see what the new OC does with him. If Brock Bowers falls out of the top 12 I'd consider trading up for him.

Freiermuth is good for 1-3 good catches a game and is invisible in every way the rest of the game. And that's when they have targeting him as a big part of that game's planning :/

They should give Washington a feed bag and convert him into a right tackle. Dude is never going to be a productive tight end

Washington was a big boost to the run game w his blocking and should really fit is w Smith's offense.

Muth is over rated by some Steelers fans, but should also be productive in Smith's offense.

Washington is a good #2 TE but for some reason Steelers fans think he has some massive upside as a pass catcher... he is a Big Mac away from switching to tackle this guy is never going to be a featured part of a pass attack.

Fingers crossed we don't extend Freirmeueth. Very overrated player. Can't block at all and he's had about 7 concussions.

Washington is a good #2 TE but for some reason Steelers fans think he has some massive upside as a pass catcher... he is a Big Mac away from switching to tackle this guy is never going to be a featured part of a pass attack.

Fingers crossed we don't extend Freirmeueth. Very overrated player. Can't block at all and he's had about 7 concussions.
Won’t be switched to tackle. Word is his knees, which are already in bad shape, wouldn’t be able to handle the extra weight.

Reactions: OH Pete
We should have drafted a real QB to help Freiermuth.

Colbert couldn't have done worse toward the end if he was actually trying to sabotage the team. The game must have really passed him by. Yet, in true Steeler fashion, we kept him around in spite of his incompetence. Sadly, that's the new Steeler Way.

I sure hope the Steelers brass doesn’t approach Freiermuth this off-season regarding an extension. He’s a walking concussion waiting to happen.

That room will need a makeover next offseason.

We should have drafted a real QB to help Freiermuth.
How would a different QB help him block anyone. His HUGE weakness is he can't block his own shadow and what makes it worse is he shows very LITTLE effort in blocking. There are replays from last year where he tried to cut block and just basically fell down, very embarrassing. Now he will catch anything near him and he runs great routes, but in this offense the TE must block.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
How would a different QB help him block anyone. His HUGE weakness is he can't block his own shadow and what makes it worse is he shows very LITTLE effort in blocking. There are replays from last year where he tried to cut block and just basically fell down, very embarrassing. Now he will catch anything near him and he runs great routes, but in this offense the TE must block.
Blocking? We only look at the stat sheet around here.

He had 60 catches for 497 yards with a HOF QB. He doesn’t stretch the field and his blocking is subpar.
You are being very kind to his blocking ability. I would say it sucks. And it's okay if you can't block for shit if you are weapon running routes and catching the football.... but he hasn't done much of that either (as you noted with his best stat line).

Damn. Not sure this was your intention or not but I was hoping your thread was about a trade to the Skins.

Any self respecting Steelers fan that yells “Muth” when he does something is a clown. He should not even be mentioned in the same breath as Heath Miller.
I can’t stand steeler fans and I’m one of them I suppose.

Whenever I meet someone and say I’m from Pittsburgh, they always ask “are you a Steeler fan”. And I always begrudgingly say yes. Yinzers are embarrassing.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
They should give Washington a feed bag and convert him into a right tackle. Dude is never going to be a productive tight end
He's 6'7" and only 264 lbs. He'd have to gain at least 60 lbs to play OT. Probably more like 80. Not sure an extra 80 lbs on those knees is a good idea. And it would take at least a couple of years at least to add 60 to 80 good pounds.

Washington ran a 4.64 40 at the combine. He could be a better pass catcher than Muth is blocker. Not saying that he will be a great pass catching TE. Just saying he is faster than Muth.

One thing I never understood last year is that why they didn't ever even try to throw a fade to him in the end zone. Seems like that should've been a staple of the red zone offense.

Probably doesn't matter if the TE's can block. There isn't a starting Center on the roster.
Or a starting RT or a number one Wr But hey Russ is going to will them to a playoff win like he’s done recently ……,

He spent 2 years as OL coach in Denver. Was it to be near his daughter or get away from the Steelers?

The story was to be by his daughter. He actually interviewed for their HC job, didn't get it, and settled for being their OL coach... which is kind of remarkable. Not that it's a bad gig; it's just so far down from head coach. "So we decided to go in another direction to fill the vacant Lead Dentist role. However, grab a mop because we've love to have you as an associate custodian!"

Reactions: pittiswhereiamfrom2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT