ADVERTISEMENT

Greensboro Coliseum Rim Problem

pghsonj1325

Head Coach
Gold Member
Apr 19, 2018
I was extremely disappointed with how we shot from beyond the arc in Greensboro compared to how we did in Dayton - So I did a little light math.

There were 8 teams that played games in 6 games in the NCAA tournament at the Coliseum. From the very first game Iowa State complained about the rims not being level.

In those 6 games teams combined to shoot under 25% COMBINED. (58/233 - 24.89%)

I'm not sure what happened to the hoops between the ACC Tournament and the NCAA tournament, or if they were even the same rims or whatever - but there was clearly an issue. In the ACC tournament a week prior with only 5 tournament caliber teams the group shot 34.8% from beyond the arc. The NCAA average season long was 33.8%

To have a nearly 10% difference in a decent sample size and from a diverse group of teams is a massive problem and maybe needs looking into if the Coliseum is to be used in the future.

Pitt in Dayton - 9/19 - 47.4%
Pitt in 4 games at the Coliseum - 24/73 - 32.8%
Season average - 36.1% (36.4% in conference play) (and a stunning 36.1% at home to 36.1% on the road per TeamRankings)

This isn't some deep conspiracy, but something that has really stuck to me having watched all the games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News