ADVERTISEMENT

How will the MSU defense do without Narduzzi

Again, another brilliant article.. so of course, it certainly wasnt written in a Pittsburgh newspaper

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...higan-state-university-pat-narduzzi/30392909/
They'll be fine. They aren't changing a thing schematically and they have some big time young talent, the most they've had in many years. Especially the D line . They will miss Duzzi's fire but I think they're strong enough at this point to continue to thrive. If they would have lost him 5 years ago it would have been a different story.

I agree for sure. And actually, I dont think think you will see any real change this year, it will be when the next wave of kids come in.

I agree for sure. And actually, I dont think think you will see any real change this year, it will be when the next wave of kids come in.
Check out their 2016 commits, especially the DLs. Alabama-esque. Not your daddy's Spartan recruiting class. Wow.

I love Dantonio's quote about that: "For the first few years I was selling hope and playing time. Now I'm selling results. I can tell you which sells better."

Reactions: JSSTartan
Well.. I am not referring to who the players are, just the coach. I imagine this year, just one year removed, and with the same other coaches all coaching the same scheme, that their defense will be solid. But, a few years down the road, is when you should be able to see a let down a bit of the D.

Dantonio is a very good defensive mind. They will be fine. Narduzzi, before hiring Conklin, tried hiring Barnett and Tressel away from MSU.

MSU is killing it in recruiting.

Narduzzi will be missed, but I'm confident we'll be fine as long as Dantonio is here. Dantonio was a National Title Defensive Coordinator. Mike Tressel and Harlon Barnett are as good as there is in the country. Mark Snyder won a national title as a D-position coach, is a former head coach, and replaced Dantonio as coordinator at Ohio State. He's as good of replacement as possible (linebacker's coach). MSU reloaded. We lost an F-250 Plantium and came back with a F-250 Lariat.

That's not to minimize what Narduzzi did here. He did a great job for us and wouldn't have been "promoted" otherwise. I think he'll do a good job at Pitt, especially once he gets past his HC learning curve and brings his culture to Pitt.

Narduzzi will be missed, but I'm confident we'll be fine as long as Dantonio is here. Dantonio was a National Title Defensive Coordinator. Mike Tressel and Harlon Barnett are as good as there is in the country. Mark Snyder won a national title as a D-position coach, is a former head coach, and replaced Dantonio as coordinator at Ohio State. He's as good of replacement as possible (linebacker's coach). MSU reloaded. We lost an F-250 Plantium and came back with a F-250 Lariat.

That's not to minimize what Narduzzi did here. He did a great job for us and wouldn't have been "promoted" otherwise. I think he'll do a good job at Pitt, especially once he gets past his HC learning curve and brings his culture to Pitt.
We lost an F-250 Plantium and came back with a F-250 Lariat.

LOL Dan--you can take the boy out of Howell....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT