ADVERTISEMENT

I know I'm gonna take a lot of heat for this take but(I'm ready lol)

PittPoker

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2008
I almost wish Pitt didn't surprise everyone last season and Capel would have been fired(I'm sure of it). Because of the success last season we as fans and local media all got our hopes up that this year's team would be really good too.

The problem I really see is Capel and his LACK of coaching. Let's be real, the offense is dysfunctional, no sets or screens hardly and it's just streetball and jump shots with an occasional drive. Our inside bigs have taken no forward steps at all.

If Capel would have been fired they hopefully could have found a solid head coach that actually COACHES!!

It reminds me of the Narduzzi situation, the fans were restless it was looking like he would be let go and then 2021 happened. Heather extends him and within 2 years they finished 3-9 with lots of problems. I see something very similar happening with Pitt Bball.

We all enjoyed 2022-2023 Pitt hoops. Unfortunately I think we're gonna soon see that was a curse on the program and we're gonna be stuck in reverse for years until Capel is eventually gone.

Reactions: jlazinger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News