ADVERTISEMENT

Interview With Steeler Player on Pickett

Once again, I AM RIGHT, it's you're obsessive-compulsive paranoia you think there's a cabal of evil Nitters, led by JoePa's ghost and Sandusky running it from his cell, coordinating daily to undermine the good guys from Pitt, it's ridiculous :)

Either you are intentionally ignoring the obvious logical fallacies of these stories or you couldn't piece together clues to figure out who farted in an elevator with you and one other person in it. The Steeler "insiders" reported throughs several media platforms

"Once he was released, league sources tell All Steelers that the team met with Kenny Pickett to explain their plans to pursue the Broncos quarterback. Pickett was very open to the idea, being described as a "true professional" about the situation"

But we're now expected to believe once they signed him he threw a fit and asked for a trade. Are you really dumb enough to believe that is how it went down and they aren't leaving out some pretty important details that would cause this young man to abruptly ask for a trade. You all must think Pickett is A.B. crazy to believe this story🤣. Face it ..people believe it because the city turned on him and have been subjected to anti-Pickett propaganda by 5 head Stephen A Smith and the national talking heads.
Laughable! Just like it was going to be a competition when they signed Tribumsky...yeah okay.
All I'm saying here, ALL I'M SAYING!!!

OUTPERFORM your peers.

It's as simple as that.

IDK, I guess we're in 2024, where hardwork and proving people wrong doesn't exist anymore.

Pickett wanted out...Period!!! And that was a SOFT ASS move on him. He gave the media ammo for hot button discussion for all of us.

Look where we are now.

And yall over there talking about its the Steelers who are making him look bad.

C'mon now....get serious!

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ

OUTPERFORM your peers.

It's as simple as that.

IDK, I guess we're in 2024, where hardwork and proving people wrong doesn't exist anymore.

Pickett wanted out...Period!!! And that was a SOFT ASS move on him. He gave the media ammo for hot button discussion for all of us.

Look where we are now.

Bro....be honest. You haven't addressed the clear logical fallacy I presented at all. Do you really believe he went from "very open to the idea" to "didn't take the news of the signing very well" with nothing else to the story? Are you really trying to convince me that you don't see the clear contradictory nature of the 2 reports? It's easy to make him the villain than to question the unscrupulous tactics of the team you spent your whole life rooting for. They try to give Pickett the F job and wanted him to hand them the lube.

Bro....be honest. You haven't addressed the clear logical fallacy I presented at all. Do you really believe he went from "very open to the idea" to "didn't take the news of the signing very well" with nothing else to the story? Are you really trying to convince me that you don't see the clear contradictory nature of the 2 reports? It's easy to make him the villain than to question the unscrupulous tactics of the team you spent your whole life rooting for. They try to give Pickett the F job and wanted him to hand them the lube.
So we living in a soft ass society now, even on the football field.

WEAK MOVE. All I can say anymore

So we living in a soft ass society now, even on the football field.

WEAK MOVE. All I can say anymore
Y'all mad cause he did what was best for him. You're weird for that he was supposed to be the next Mason Rudolph? 🤣 Mason probably the one who told him
Warning Get Out GIF by reactionseditor

Y'all mad cause he did what was best for him. You're weird for that he was supposed to be the next Mason Rudolph? 🤣 Mason probably the one who told him
Warning Get Out GIF by reactionseditor
Now see you're coming up with your own assumptions.

Like I've been saying...COMPETE, beat old man Russ out. Prove your worth.

I never said be the next Mason Rudolph (and yes, I read where Rudolph got in his ear)

This ain't Big Ben he competing with...follow what I'm saying.

Now Justin Fields is getting the same opportunity that Pickett is running from.

I'm not mad my guy..I'm just speaking facts

Now see you're coming up with your own assumptions.

Like I've been saying...COMPETE, beat old man Russ out. Prove your worth.

I never said be the next Mason Rudolph (and yes, I read where Rudolph got in his ear)

This ain't Big Ben he competing with...follow what I'm saying.

Now Justin Fields is getting the same opportunity that Pickett is running from.

I'm not mad my guy..I'm just speaking facts
You think Fields is getting an "opportunity"???? 🤣🤣😀😀 Boy you stupid. Fields was sent here for a 6th round pick that has a clause to go to a 4th if he plays a certain amount of snaps. The Steelers cheap behinds are going to do everything in their power to keep that as a 6th. They already said he is coming in to back up and learn from Russ. There wasn't a competition for Kenny and there isn't one for Justin. You need to slap your reading comprehension teacher...they let you down.
Ultimate Warrior Wrestling GIF by WWE

Alright cool beans my guy. Cool beans

I'm not gonna explain everything single detail of my thoughts.

You have your opinion, and I have mine.

Talk your shit though!!

One of us gonna be laughing at the end.

Promise you that

Alright cool beans my guy. Cool beans

I'm not gonna explain everything single detail of my thoughts.

You have your opinion, and I have mine.

Talk your shit though!!

One of us gonna be laughing at the end.

Promise you that
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Man what da F are you talking about. Stay off the Mary Jane it's messing with your mental processing 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Mark Madden can't retire soon enough .. Or drop over ...

Fields has much more upside than Kenny or Rudolph. It's not even a debate.
It’s probably more accurate to say he has more physical tools than KP. But there’s a lot more to being a winning qb than physical tools. Truth is the jury is out for both qbs. Kps shown more moxie in leading late game of winning drives and fields has thrown more TD passes for those who are obsessed with that stat. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Time will tell which one has the better career

It’s probably more accurate to say he has more physical tools than KP. But there’s a lot more to being a winning qb than physical tools. Truth is the jury is out for both qbs. Kps shown more moxie in leading late game of winning drives and fields has thrown more TD passes for those who are obsessed with that stat. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Time will tell which one has the better career
Neither QB has shown themselves to be good QBs so far in their careers, but the difference in their records has nothing to do with Kenny’s success. How many of those late game drives were available because of Pittsburgh’s defense even though the Offense only scored 14 points through the first 3.5 quarters?

Pickett has 2x top 10 defenses carrying him. Fields was supported with the #20, #23, and #32 ranked scoring defenses.

Kenny Pickett has 14 wins credited to him, only 2 of those wins came against teams with 21 points or more.

Kenny is credited with 11 losses. Five of those were against teams that scored 21 or fewer points.

Neither QB has shown themselves to be good QBs so far in their careers, but the difference in their records has nothing to do with Kenny’s success. How many of those late game drives were available because of Pittsburgh’s defense even though the Offense only scored 14 points through the first 3.5 quarters?

Pickett has 2x top 10 defenses carrying him. Fields was supported with the #20, #23, and #32 ranked scoring defenses.

Kenny Pickett has 14 wins credited to him, only 2 of those wins came against teams with 21 points or more.

Kenny is credited with 11 losses. Five of those were against teams that scored 21 or fewer points.
He stil had to perform at a high level late in games for the team to win. And he did it with a crap OL and knuckle head OC Not many young qbs have the moxie early in their careers to so that.

Oh and isn’t it interesting that Ben’s stats under Canada were significantly better in the fourth quarter. Wonder if the play calling through the first three quarters was crap just to keep it close and then try to win it late in games which is Tomlins MO.

How many winning drives has fields had

Reactions: lilspainishflea

OUTPERFORM your peers.

It's as simple as that.

Look where we are now.

Guys, why do you think players Heyward, Watt, Minkah, etc. were all actively recruiting Wilson to come to Pittsburgh while Kenny was still here?

I'm done talking about Kenny, so I'll reserve my comments to the guy that's here now. Fields has two 4th quarter comebacks and three game winning drives in 3 years. I've personally watched him lose more games than that on his own with boneheaded plays. I'm not searching out the Bears on TV either.

Yes, a defense that can keep you in games is important, but you also need a QB who delivers when needed. Fields has never delivered. That's not going to change here.

It was a cheap pickup of a one year backup. That's it, nothing more to it. This "possible QB of the future" talk (not saying that's you) is pretty much nonsense.

Not making fun of you at all but that sounds like how guys find players for a beer league softball team.

"Hey guys...get Russ. He has a killer mancave we can hang out in after games!"
Wilson mentioned it in his welcome to pgh press conference, thought Friermuth was mentioned also.

Ah for the love..it's not that serious

Honestly, Pickett just didn't want the competition.

Overall, the past two seasons has been a dramatic situation. The best WR getting into fights with teammates, coaches. Matt Canada...and his peers loyalty to him. The offensive line botch job.

Say what yall want...but the real blame goes to Kevin Colbert, who I have tons of respect for. He did not leave this team in a great position to succeed offensively.
You don't know shit

I'm done talking about Kenny, so I'll reserve my comments to the guy that's here now. Fields has two 4th quarter comebacks and three game winning drives in 3 years. I've personally watched him lose more games than that on his own with boneheaded plays. I'm not searching out the Bears on TV either.

Yes, a defense that can keep you in games is important, but you also need a QB who delivers when needed. Fields has never delivered. That's not going to change here.

It was a cheap pickup of a one year backup. That's it, nothing more to it. This "possible QB of the future" talk (not saying that's you) is pretty much nonsense.
Absolutely agree about him not being the QB of the future. Kenny definitely showed some clutch factor this season, but he had a 77 Passer Rating in the first 3 quarters of the game. Fields was pretty much the opposite, where he folded in the 4th but was far superior to Kenny in the first 3 quarters with a 90 Passer Rating (which also doesn't account for his 463 rushing yards in those quarters).

I'd rather Pickett have put on some big boy pants and compete with an entirely beatable Wilson, but Fields is most likely the best backup for the money in the NFL.

Reactions: BTisinDC
Absolutely agree about him not being the QB of the future. Kenny definitely showed some clutch factor this season, but he had a 77 Passer Rating in the first 3 quarters of the game. Fields was pretty much the opposite, where he folded in the 4th but was far superior to Kenny in the first 3 quarters with a 90 Passer Rating (which also doesn't account for his 463 rushing yards in those quarters).

I'd rather Pickett have put on some big boy pants and compete with an entirely beatable Wilson, but Fields is most likely the best backup for the money in the NFL.
You drunk yinzers are getting on my nerves the Steelers were not allowing him to compete they promised the job to Wilson anybody with half a brain knows that which is why he signed so quickly they told Kenny there is no competition he's the starter we want you to sit behind him and watch and learn. For a team that preached competition makes everyone better the whole offseason they eliminated any competition and handed the job to a guy who's best football is behind him instead of in front of him and in doing so ostracize their number one their first round draft pick. You big dummies keep believing that your sweet little Steelers are still squeaky clean but the truth is out there for anybody who wants to see it they're a bunch of slime ball con artist lying pieces of crap. They wanted to screw pick it over so that they didn't have to pick up his fifth year option so did they get offer him some piece of crap contract for him to come in and be one of the lowest paid starters because they didn't allow him to prove himself. Oh yeah fly Eagles fly how much money you want to bet the Eagles have a far better record than the Steelers this year you guys suck 😂

You drunk yinzers are getting on my nerves the Steelers were not allowing him to compete they promised the job to Wilson anybody with half a brain knows that which is why he signed so quickly they told Kenny there is no competition he's the starter we want you to sit behind him and watch and learn. For a team that preached competition makes everyone better the whole offseason they eliminated any competition and handed the job to a guy who's best football is behind him instead of in front of him and in doing so ostracize their number one their first round draft pick. You big dummies keep believing that your sweet little Steelers are still squeaky clean but the truth is out there for anybody who wants to see it they're a bunch of slime ball con artist lying pieces of crap. They wanted to screw pick it over so that they didn't have to pick up his fifth year option so did they get offer him some piece of crap contract for him to come in and be one of the lowest paid starters because they didn't allow him to prove himself. Oh yeah fly Eagles fly how much money you want to bet the Eagles have a far better record than the Steelers this year you guys suck 😂
You should really think about switching jobs to leverage your insider knowledge about the Steelers organization. You certainly seem to know more than lifelong NFL journalists that have spent their entire careers cultivating contacts in front offices. Because the journalists have basically all confirmed that there would be a QB competition between Wilson and Pickett, but after Pickett left the job became Wilson's with Fields as backup. But that's only according to nobodies like Albert Breer, Ian Rapoport, Gerry Dulac, Tom Pelissero, and Adam Schefter.

Screw him over to not pick up his 5th year option? They aren't forced to pick up a 5th year option, it's entirely optional and made to be team-friendly. They were so determined to sandbag Kenny to lock him down to some "league minimum long-term deal" that they brought in Russel Wilson in less than a week and traded Pickett away for peanuts. Might want to learn how NFL contracts work before using them in an argument.

I'll take that bet, but only if Jalen gets hurt in the preseason. Then we'll see how good the Eagles are with Kenny Pickett as their starter.

You should really think about switching jobs to leverage your insider knowledge about the Steelers organization. You certainly seem to know more than lifelong NFL journalists that have spent their entire careers cultivating contacts in front offices. Because the journalists have basically all confirmed that there would be a QB competition between Wilson and Pickett, but after Pickett left the job became Wilson's with Fields as backup. But that's only according to nobodies like Albert Breer, Ian Rapoport, Gerry Dulac, Tom Pelissero, and Adam Schefter.

Screw him over to not pick up his 5th year option? They aren't forced to pick up a 5th year option, it's entirely optional and made to be team-friendly. They were so determined to sandbag Kenny to lock him down to some "league minimum long-term deal" that they brought in Russel Wilson in less than a week and traded Pickett away for peanuts. Might want to learn how NFL contracts work before using them in an argument.

I'll take that bet, but only if Jalen gets hurt in the preseason. Then we'll see how good the Eagles are with Kenny Pickett as their starter.
NOTE: “preferred” is not bc Kenny Pickett is running away from competition. He was explicitly told by the #Steelers Wilson would start, reneging on the pledge he’d been given that after two years of chaos, he’d finally be put in position to succeed - per sources apprised of convo

No one has outright challenged this report with a direct claim that the Steelers were willing to give both players an equal shot at starting. For like the millionth time. Kenny was not going to compete. Sources apprised means multiple people informed of. Stop the games man. He went from open to the idea and a complete professional to didn't take the news well? How could both of those reports be true. Stop sticking up for the Steelers they are lying. They don't care about you me or Pickett.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Stop sticking up for the Steelers
Why would anyone stick up for the Steelers? Look at last season,. Trubisky vs Pickett vs Rudolph. The Steelers completely ignored achievement, in fact in retrospect, it seems those who played the worst were rewarded with more opportunity. The season was a joke at the QB position, not to mention Warren out playing Harris for most of the last two seasons.

If you believe there was going to be a real competition, I don't know what to say

No one has outright challenged this report with a direct claim that the Steelers were willing to give both players an equal shot at starting. For like the millionth time. Kenny was not going to compete. Sources apprised means multiple people informed of. Stop the games man. He went from open to the idea and a complete professional to didn't take the news well? How could both of those reports be true. Stop sticking up for the Steelers they are lying. They don't care about you me or Pickett.
There are just as many reporters outright challenging the report as there are claiming it.

Gerry Dulac said:
The only understanding was that maybe Russel Wilson would take the first snap at training camp, as the 9-time Pro Bowl, Super Bowl-winning Quarterback but from that point on the snaps would be split and there would be a competition with Kenny Pickett.

Say what you will about the Steelers, but Tomlin is constantly in the top 3 most respected coaches in the league by players. So I'm not really buying that he is going to straight up lie to his potential starting QB. Kenny was fine with competing before it was a against a former All-Pro. I also wouldn't argue that there might be truth to Tomlin telling Pickett that Russ was already ahead of Pickett in the competition. What I don't buy is that Tomlin ever told Kenny that the plan was him to be the backup.

Where are all his Steelers teammates sticking up for him, saying he got a raw deal, or that he will be missed as a leader in the locker room (beside a long snapper)? If Kenny wasn't a Pitt player, people on here would be absolutely trashing him. As a Pitt fan, I wish him luck and hope he balls out (just not in Philly or Cleveland or Baltimore or New England or Cincinnati).

There are just as many reporters outright challenging the report as there are claiming it.

Say what you will about the Steelers, but Tomlin is constantly in the top 3 most respected coaches in the league by players. So I'm not really buying that he is going to straight up lie to his potential starting QB. Kenny was fine with competing before it was a against a former All-Pro. I also wouldn't argue that there might be truth to Tomlin telling Pickett that Russ was already ahead of Pickett in the competition. What I don't buy is that Tomlin ever told Kenny that the plan was him to be the backup.

Where are all his Steelers teammates sticking up for him, saying he got a raw deal, or that he will be missed as a leader in the locker room (beside a long snapper)? If Kenny wasn't a Pitt player, people on here would be absolutely trashing him. As a Pitt fan, I wish him luck and hope he balls out (just not in Philly or Cleveland or Baltimore or New England or Cincinnati).
Lots of guessing and trusting sources that are being fed biased information. But the primary fact is that the Steelers made a coordinated effort to disparage KP.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT