ADVERTISEMENT

It may not be the "Golden Years" of Pitt athletics, but it is pretty good.

Tiger Paul Lives

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 17, 2003
This past year and a half or so going back to the 2022 football season is all I really ask of Pitt athletics. Being a graduate of the mid 80's, I saw Pitt be number 1 in football my freshman year and saw some good basketball. I know Pitt will never be Alabama in football and will never be considered a blue blood in BB, but they can be relevant and ocassionally throw in a conference championship of some type. This is all I want. I want games that mean something and are exciting and fun. I know there will be crushing defeats, but there will also be exhilarating wins. I want the occasional upset of a top 10 team and not lose to the teams they should beat (though this will happen, it happens to most teams). I never paid attention to the so called olympic sports, but now I do. Why???? Because they are generally competitive and some are at the top of their respective sport. This is all I am looking for and this is where we currently are at. Pitt sports, not my chemistry degree, is what keeps me connected to Pitt. I love going to games and cheering on my alma mater. While it is only a game, it gives me pride to see how they are performing and Pitt BB is my passion, so after the 7 years of darkness, there is this bright light coming from the Pete that is giving me great joy again. This is all I ask and all I expect and this is where we are at. Though...I am always up for exceeding expectations!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News