ADVERTISEMENT

Jamie Dixon, Head Coach PITT Men's Basketball

Should Jamie Dixon continue to be retained as head coach?

• Dixon should be fired now. He is not going to rebound so we should make the change now.

Votes: 33 14.5%
  • If he does not rebound in the next 2-3 years, he should be let go and we should try someone else.

Votes: 110 48.5%
  • As long as he performs at the level he has performed at in the last 4 years, he should be retained.

Votes: 84 37.0%

• Total voters
I"m asking at what point to you want him fired?

It's the same question I've asked you several times, and you evaded it everytime.
You want to complain for expectations not being met, without defining what are minimal expectations for Dixon.

You didn't ask me, but..........

If we don't make the NCAAT in the next 3 seasons, meaning 4 in a row and 6 out of 8, I think he should be fired if there are no signs he can turn things around (like having an outstanding recruiting class coming in at the time or a bunch of young talented players).

We're going to make the NCAAT this year though and Jamie will be fine. We may never again be 2002-11 Pitt but I think the most recent 3-year stretch (9 seed, 8 seed, NIT) will become more of the norm and that's good enough for him to hang on here for a good while.

No one knows what arrangements were tried after the move. Syracuse was a charter member of the BE, as were UCONN/GT & Nova. Boeheim goes back a long way. Maybe we tried to schedule those guys, maybe not.

Syracuse-Georgetown is what both schools consider to be their biggest rivalry. The fact that Pitt fans think we are somehow equal to either of these programs in importance shows how naive and uninformed many are.

Syracuse playing St. John's helps Syracuse in recruiting and actually gets butts in seats for St. John's. Pitt isn't going to get that sweetheart deal.

5 out of 93 votes want him gone. MY god, the HORRORS! Everyone picking on Coach Dixon. Again, this is not the reality a lot of you have created.

I voted they fire him.

Realistically they can't. His contract simply doesn't allow it. And he's certainly earned the right to have some down seasons.

But this wasn't about being realistic it's what I think. And I think he's best days at Pitt are in the rear view mirror and I'd rather get going on moving on.

You didn't ask me, but..........

If we don't make the NCAAT in the next 3 seasons, meaning 4 in a row and 6 out of 8, I think he should be fired if there are no signs he can turn things around (like having an outstanding recruiting class coming in at the time or a bunch of young talented players).

We're going to make the NCAAT this year though and Jamie will be fine. We may never again be 2002-11 Pitt but I think the most recent 3-year stretch (9 seed, 8 seed, NIT) will become more of the norm and that's good enough for him to hang on here for a good while.
Not sure why it's such a difficult question for some.

And I agree with you.

I find it cute someone deleted my post that you referenced above. Thanks for referring to it Souf, because it keeps it alive, just at least in spirit. So back to that post.... It is now 6 out of 109 who don't want or think Jamie should be fired right now. I think this puts it to rest and now you all can move on to something else.

But honestly, even you who hate me would have to admit "what the hell was wrong with what Owt posted, it is obvious that someone with moderation status has a personal beef with Owt"

Who's Owt? Seen you mentioning him before. Doesn't show in the Internet Slang dictionary. Actually it does but the definition is 'anything' and that does not fit in here. Maybe you are using it incorrectly.

It is interesting that the 6 votes that Dixon should be fired now, all came in late. Kinda like those individuals are not bothering to read this board much anymore, but happened to check in and saw the poll and voted. Yeah, makes you wonder how many others are not bothering to read this board anymore (due to dissatisfaction with the performance over the last four years) and did not happen to check in.

It is interesting that the 6 votes that Dixon should be fired now, all came in late. Kinda like those individuals are not bothering to read this board much anymore, but happened to check in and saw the poll and voted. Yeah, makes you wonder how many others are not bothering to read this board anymore (due to dissatisfaction with the performance over the last four years) and did not happen to check in.
Or, it could be that we are still four months away from the season starting, it's summer, and people don't check in daily to a site where the main topic of conversation is whether time travel is possible.

Or, it could be that we are still four months away from the season starting, it's summer, and people don't check in daily to a site where the main topic of conversation is whether time travel is possible.

lol that was funny

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT