ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Capel Radio Show …

whirlybird optio

Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2003
First - kudos to the Panther Club, they put on a nice event.

Coach Capel, Bub, Lowe…you really, really want success for these people. He’s so impressive in person, Bub and Lowe seem like genuinely good kids - it just sucks how this season has gone.

Most interesting nuggets I thought was Capel talking pretty plainly about Blake’s struggles. Said it’s not just the missed shots, but then Blake sort of feels like he’s letting the team down, and you lose all the positive energy.

Said they have played two of the best teams in the league (clemson and UNC), I feel like he wants the Cuse game back.

He thought the defense they played last 3 games..if they stay with that, and the offense just ticks up, they will start piling up wins, but nothing is easy. I did sort of really get the sense he still likes the group, they just need a win, and some momentum.

Anyway - you sometimes forget these guys want it way more that any of us, and with Bub and Lowe, you do sometimes forget how young they are. They are just kids lol, both really funny kids. Great personalities.

I really hope they get the Louisville game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News