ADVERTISEMENT

JMI Sports... facility planning and financing

Pitt only has to be better than a few teams that really are as good or a little worse than Pitt. I present last season as evidence. If Pitt leverages that with a better OOC schedule and a couple of good recruiting classes, they're a 9-10 wing program and regularly in the top 25 (see Wisconsin and WVU). I don't know if Pitt ever commits to the next step but getting past the first shouldn't be this difficult. Especially when you look around CFB and appreciate Pitt's situation.
So true... you don’t have to really great to be a dominant force in ACC FB, which makes Pitt’s floundering around since joining the conference frustrating.

Pitt only has to be better than a few teams that really are as good or a little worse than Pitt. I present last season as evidence. If Pitt leverages that with a better OOC schedule and a couple of good recruiting classes, they're a 9-10 wing program and regularly in the top 25 (see Wisconsin and WVU). I don't know if Pitt ever commits to the next step but getting past the first shouldn't be this difficult. Especially when you look around CFB and appreciate Pitt's situation.
Okay, I can't argue with this.

Yes, it's true our hardcore fans are loyal.

But to Ski's point.........we just don't have enough of them

And building a new stadium on campus after year one wont fix that.

We would just become the U of Minnesota.

Oh, how terrible!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT