ADVERTISEMENT

Joey porter earning his nickname

So, are you ready to begrudgingly admit that Porter is playing pretty well, or are you going to keep doubling down on your opinion?

https://sports.yahoo.com/steelers-cb-joey-porter-keeps-051556251.html
Why would I change my opinion? I said this before the season began and I stand by it. Believe it or not, we are allowed to have a difference of opinion on how good or bad a player is. I've seen nothing to change my opinion on him that was formed from watching him play clutch and grab AND hold on almost every play while at psu. By the way, I didn't look at the link because I am sure it is another useless defensive stat.

I said this in April and I’ll say it again: if you critique Joey Porter Jr’s physical style of coverage, you ought to stay consistent and criticize our DBs for doing the same thing during the Narduzzi era.

I dont know if they let more go in the NFL or what. Maybe because its a spot foul, they let more go than in college, but its telling when even a highlight package of him shows him holding opposing WRs. He's going to get a reputation for that and they will start calling them.
It actually works the other way. Refs are tougher on rookies as as they become established veterans, they can get away with a lot more. Plus players learn to be more subtle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT