ADVERTISEMENT

Jurkovec and 2023 Expectations?

Timmeh45

Scholarship
Gold Member
Oct 26, 2021
I can only go off what I read, but Jurkovec seems to be playing very well in Spring Ball. He made quick work of the QB1 competition against Veilleux and has a better command of OCFC's offense than when Slovis was still in a Pitt uniform. Pair this with the positive developments on defense and I'm starting to feel like this team should win 8-9 games at a minimum. For those on this board, I'm curious - have the positive practice reports surrounding Jurkovec raised expectations for the 2023 season in your mind? I continue to look at the schedule and realistically FSU, UNC, and ND are the only real losses I can see, and UNC might even be a toss-up.

Kenny Pickett was obviously a generational Pitt QB and it is unfair to expect that level of production from Jurkovec (especially in Cignetti's offense), but it also sounds like Phil is already better than Slovis. In my opinion, if Jurkovec ends up with Nate Peterman-level stats, I don't see how they don't win 9-10 games. I also think the middle of the ACC is going to be weaker than last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News