ADVERTISEMENT

Keep your eye on the ND transfer portal

Temitope Agoro? He was a walk-on for ND who played special teams and backed up at CB. He has his degree from ND and will transfer. He is from Maryland. Could add depth at CB and be special teams player. Should I thank you for this?
Another Upperclassmen CB would actually be great. We need a 3rd CB for sure.

Rockne emerging from the portal to be our coach.........
And the best part, he's working for 1930's money!!
Knute_Rockne_02_28_18-e1519940578323-1.jpg
If that was the case Nutting will pick him up and make him a baseball coach.

The notre dame QB would be better off transferring to South Dakota state or a place like that where he would be guaranteed to start and play in an offense where he can run and pass 40 times a game

Reactions: tetonpanther
The notre dame QB would be better off transferring to South Dakota state or a place like that where he would be guaranteed to start and play in an offense where he can run and pass 40 times a game
as opposed to a pro style offense that suited Big Ben quite well.? lol

You quoted Las Panteras but whatever

I think what happened is this....Panteras incorrectly assumed that Stache meant Pickett would lose his starting job to Jurkovic. Stache never said that. Somehow in all the quoting/re-quoting things got confused.

Jurkovic really needs to sit down and think this through. Barring injury, there is no way he plays significantly next year. So do you transfer and sit out a year or stay at ND and basically sit out a year? And either at Pitt or ND, he would have to compete for the starting job in 2021. The questions he needs to ask.....Where does he have a better chance of winning the starting job at? Which offense is better suited to him and would showcase his skills for the NFL? I know what my answer would be but of course I'm biased.

I think what happened is this....Panteras incorrectly assumed that Stache meant Pickett would lose his starting job to Jurkovic. Stache never said that. Somehow in all the quoting/re-quoting things got confused.

Jurkovic really needs to sit down and think this through. Barring injury, there is no way he plays significantly next year. So do you transfer and sit out a year or stay at ND and basically sit out a year? And either at Pitt or ND, he would have to compete for the starting job in 2021. The questions he needs to ask.....Where does he have a better chance of winning the starting job at? Which offense is better suited to him and would showcase his skills for the NFL? I know what my answer would be but of course I'm biased.
I would trust a proven QB coach in Whipple over ND who has not developed his skills.

Anything that screws over ND, I'm all here for it. **If** these transfers do happen, wonder if it'll happen now or after the Spring semester??

please explain why he would start over Pickett.

He won't.

Fans see these great QB's transfer and get into the CFP. No one sees the Max Brownes of the world essentially end their careers where they started. By that I mean watching someone else start.

This has Max Browne written all over it.

Are you asking my to explain why I think Pickett will still be the starter?? Maybe you didnt read what I wrote?

Ahem. I stated here a few weeks ago that the QB might be entering the portal, and was roundly discredited. It's not exactly new information.

And PR still should be ashamed of themselves for playing 5A. Perhaps, just perhaps, that attitude is what is making the QB bail out instead of competing.

Ahem. I stated here a few weeks ago that the QB might be entering the portal, and was roundly discredited. It's not exactly new information.

And PR still should be ashamed of themselves for playing 5A. Perhaps, just perhaps, that attitude is what is making the QB bail out instead of competing.
Why? That’s where their enrollment puts them.

Lugg was something I heard over the weekend. Also there may be a shock in the wpial as far as coaching goes.

Edit Lugg to Pitt is what I heard over the weekend

Reactions: Elsalvador
I heard at this point he’s more interested In penn state because of Pitt picking up Yellen. Hopefully it’s not true but I believe where it came from.

I heard at this point he’s more interested In penn state because of Pitt picking up Yellen. Hopefully it’s not true but I believe where it came from.
Psu has recruited qbs quite well. If he wants to play, psu isn’t the answer. Their qb now still has two more years too lol.

PS has more guys on ‘ship at the QB position than we do. Clifford is the starter. Levis is in Jurkovec’s class, and played against OSU. They have 2 Fr. QB’s that RS last year. Then they are bringing in a QB in this class. It would make no sense to go there if he is looking for an avenue to playing.

Perusing their roster, PSU has 5 scholarship quarterbacks, and they already have over 91 kids on scholarship. He's not ending up at PSU.

Reactions: pittdan77
The way I see it, Pitt is so thin at QB with nothing close to an answer that:

A) Duzz needs to put a full court press to get him.

And

B) Phil should not be intimidated by any QB on our roster. If he is that speaks volumes in and of itself.

The way I see it, Pitt is so thin at QB with nothing close to an answer that:

A) Duzz needs to put a full court press to get him.

And

B) Phil should not be intimidated by any QB on our roster. If he is that speaks volumes in and of itself.
Have to assume that window has closed with yellen.

Reactions: PharMorNightStocker
If he were to come to Pitt, then we’d have 5 QB’s. If Yellen and/or Jurkovec are granted eligibility, then Patti would more than likely transfer leaving us with 4 QB’s. At the very least, you could use Jurkovec in short yardage situations ala Tim Tebow at FL.

If he were to come to Pitt, then we’d have 5 QB’s. If Yellen and/or Jurkovec are granted eligibility, then Patti would more than likely transfer leaving us with 4 QB’s. At the very least, you could use Jurkovec in short yardage situations ala Tim Tebow at FL.
Tyson Hill

I'm including Yellen. I hope he turns out great but he is still far from a guarantee star that doesn't require a competition to see who starts.
I’m assuming he will be the favorite in ‘21 with hopefully strong competition from beville and Patti. None of these guys are a guarantee, hell, even pickett.

you are thinking we should bring in ANOTHER unknown transfer QB? At some point, you have to take your chances with what you have.

if Patti or more likely Beville do transfer out, hoping it doesn’t happen, then maybe you look for another transfer or better yet, recruit a high school qb.

We don’t exactly have an abundance of available ships to give out to every transfer who was a good qb in high scho.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT