ADVERTISEMENT

"Keith Gavin Ready To Begin 'Dream Job' At PItt"

That is a great article. I welcome his optimism and glimpse of the future for Pitt. I understand some of us are frustrated with what we perceive happened over the past few weeks. It affected me too. I wear Pitt proudly on my sleeve and am definitely impacted whenever there is disparaging national coverage. I don't know Heather Lyke and will form my opinion when I meet her. I do know the staff and was impressed with the prep work they did to put together a detailed plan to present to interviewees. I know many of you question whether wrestling is top of mind for Pitt. I don't. As the next few weeks unfold and we learn what those plans are, we'll be in a better position to decide.

As for me, I made a public pledge to support the program and I'm sticking with it. My focus now is to determine where my dollars can have the most impact . We need to do a lot - Regional Training Center, volunteer coaches, upgraded facilities, etc. I plan to speak with the administration and learn their order of priority, the dollars needed for each step and how donations should be directed. I hope many of you that responded positively to me in the past join me in this endeavor.

Hail to Pitt!

As for me, I made a public pledge to support the program and I'm sticking with it. My focus now is to determine where my dollars can have the most impact . We need to do a lot - Regional Training Center, volunteer coaches, upgraded facilities, etc. I plan to speak with the administration and learn their order of priority, the dollars needed for each step and how donations should be directed. I hope many of you that responded positively to me in the past join me in this endeavor.
You bring-up an excellent point. Keith Gavin is our new wrestling coach, and he deserves our support.

I'd like to know this: now that Pitt's administration has made him the head coach, will they support him? Or will they hang him out to dry - i.e. will they give him the financial support that he'll need to succeed - including the funding to hire some excellent assistants - or will they try to run the entire program on a shoestring budget?

Reactions: 33Rocks
You bring-up an excellent point. Keith Gavin is our new wrestling coach, and he deserves our support.

I'd like to know this: now that Pitt's administration has made him the head coach, will they support him? Or will they hang him out to dry - i.e. will they give him the financial support that he'll need to succeed - including the funding to hire some excellent assistants - or will they try to run the entire program on a shoestring budget?

I'm completely guessing here, but in the case that they aren't fully supportive of him or the program, won't they be once they see how he's bringing in the donors?

If recent performance is a predictor of the future refer to the pic below:
e019fa10f68b8c9a3171cddbed40b996.jpg

Reactions: Panther Parrothead
That is a great article. I welcome his optimism and glimpse of the future for Pitt. I understand some of us are frustrated with what we perceive happened over the past few weeks. It affected me too. I wear Pitt proudly on my sleeve and am definitely impacted whenever there is disparaging national coverage. I don't know Heather Lyke and will form my opinion when I meet her. I do know the staff and was impressed with the prep work they did to put together a detailed plan to present to interviewees. I know many of you question whether wrestling is top of mind for Pitt. I don't. As the next few weeks unfold and we learn what those plans are, we'll be in a better position to decide.

Hail to Pitt!

My small pledge follows yours.

I do hope they set up some fund for wrestling where other boosters, now or down the road, can give if they decide to (like the football excellence fund or a wrestling endowment fund). It shouldn't be made difficult for some to donate to a specific sports program if one wants to do so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Piranha
Thanks Paco. No pledge is small. Every vote of confidence is equal.

Thanks Paco. No pledge is small. Every vote of confidence is equal.

I'm not sure if I'd say mine is a vote of confidence. It is a vote of support for Gavin and the Pitt wrestlers and staff who will undoubtedly be working their tails off to wear Pitt across their chest.

Reactions: bwh05 and Piranha
I'm not sure if I'd say mine is a vote of confidence. It is a vote of support for Gavin and the Pitt wrestlers and staff who will undoubtedly be working their tails off to wear Pitt across their chest.
I will join with you guys in support. Thanks, Paco and Nish. This is how real change gets done...positive, forward thinking action instead of complaining about the past and doing nothing. HAIL TO PITT!

Reactions: Piranha
My small pledge follows yours.

I do hope they set up some fund for wrestling where other boosters, now or down the road, can give if they decide to (like the football excellence fund or a wrestling endowment fund). It shouldn't be made difficult for some to donate to a specific sports program if one wants to do so.
Your money should also count towards panther club points! Money given to PWC does not count! At least not in the past.

Hail to Pitt!
You are a True Pitt Man!

And this is what support should be about. It should be about supporting the coaches and athletes that are giving their all for Pitt. Kudos!

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I donated in the past and present, and I will increase it in the future. We can't rely on the admin to make it happen - WE need tonmake it happen.

HTP

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT