ADVERTISEMENT

Lace them up already

Jun 5, 2014
I cant wait to kick arse this year.

You figure 12 days ago Narduzzi and staff announced their first recruit. This is a good class, we had a young team, we will have a very good team.

We addressed needs extremely well.

You REALIZE we lost our 3rd best LB of this class now. And that's if you considered Curtis the 4th best... which would probably have been our first best in years gone by.

Wait a minute......

A few days ago Givens was our BEST LB recruit, according to several posters......the "don't forget about Givens, best LB in PA" thread comes immediately to mind.

Re: Wait a minute......

He is rated number one in the state. And that was written before we got some excellent LB recruits ranked higher than him

But that was before he had his little problem.

This post was edited on 2/3 2:34 PM by The Loaded Italian

let's hear it--grades? Trouble with the law? Come on now, spill!

That would make me feel better about losing a guy to the bad guys one day before LOI day--even if he never ends up being a player, I don;t like it.

I think it was written here and the mods deleted it.

I wont feed it, if its legit asCP says then it will come out.

I wanted to say something about Franklin's rape connections or Sandusky's shower connections, but I thought it would be in poor taste.

Originally posted by The Loaded Italian:
I cant wait to kick arse this year.

You figure 12 days ago Narduzzi and staff announced their first recruit. This is a good class, we had a young team, we will have a very good team.

We addressed needs extremely well.

You REALIZE we lost our 3rd best LB of this class now. And that's if you considered Curtis the 4th best... which would probably have been our first best in years gone by.
I'd love to beat Penn State and think we can do it but the reality is that they have beaten us handily in recruiting this year and the past few years. They are going to have better players on the field and unfortunately, Boyd and Conner will be NFL millionaires by then. To be honest, this upcoming 4 game series could not have come at a worse time because Pitt completely crapped the bed with all kinds of turnover and bad recruiting in the years Penn State was a little down because of the minor sanctions.

Sure, maybe Boyd and Connor are gone, but the D is shaping up to be much better. And its not like we don't have some talented RB waiting in the wings. Chad will be a SR as well.

I do tend to agree that we missed an opportunity to clean up with recruiting over the past decade or so due to turnover, etc.. But there is nothing Narduzzi can do about that now. I'm willing to give him the chance and think we will be OK in 2016 (this year as well).

Originally posted by CaptainMurphy:
Sure, maybe Boyd and Connor are gone, but the D is shaping up to be much better. And its not like we don't have some talented RB waiting in the wings. Chad will be a SR as well.

I do tend to agree that we missed an opportunity to clean up with recruiting over the past decade or so due to turnover, etc.. But there is nothing Narduzzi can do about that now. I'm willing to give him the chance and think we will be OK in 2016 (this year as well).
Yes, we'll have some good players and can beat them, but I'm just shaking my head at all this "wait, till we get you on the field stuff." They have manhandled us in recruiting over the last few years so they, theoretically should have much better players. It doesn't mean that those players will turn out to be good as we've seen team recruiting rankings are right most of the time, but not ALL of the time. But, Pitt is facing an uphill battle in the PSU series.

This Nitter lovin Franklin superlovin ped lovin super troll comes here everyday raving about his heroes the Ped state family of perverts, Every day sean miller fan tells us how wonderful his brethren in manure valley are, and he is left alone to troll at will while his friends in sicko land ban all Pitt fans. Ban this super duper troll and let Pitt fans write in peace.

Yes. But we were severely outmatched recruit-wise in the 97-00 resumption of the series and we still managed to have a competitive series with one win. We will always be the underdog in most any game against PSU, at least at the start of the series.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT