ADVERTISEMENT

Lazinger's Lists - A tough non call in Miami

jlazinger

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2011
Man that was an awful way to lose a game. Some thoughts:
  • On the last shot - he was definitely fouled and it was obvious in real time. If the ACC does fold eventually, I won't miss the "teams from the north don't get calls in the south" BS. However...
  • ...This was a full exposure of the lack of Xs and Os Capel brings us. What play did you call? The same pick and roll you've run with Fede all game? If anything, he only allowed the defense to set up.
  • Amazing comeback and truly a lot of heart for this team. This was a true killer for us in terms of the season. I don't think it was a bad loss but Wake is going to be a tough game.
  • You can't run a team like this all year but we've now seen a few games in a row that Capel has basically shortened the bench to 6.5 players.
  • We lost this game in the first half with some truly bad luck. We couldn't hit an open shot and Miami was hitting end of shot clock threes a few steps behind the line with hands in their faces.
  • Hinson was great on the boards again with a nice 21-9 game but he really wasn't good, nor was the rest of the team...
  • ...at the line. 9-16 including 1-4 for Blake. Totally changed the complexion of the game.
  • The guards struggled to shoot it but they didn't let it affect their floor game. Bub/Lowe/Ish combined for 12 assists and 2 TOs.
  • Fede had a few nice moments but just isn't giving you much and is still making basic big man mistakes. The pass where Hinson found him in the low post and he caught it high but brought it low for it to get stripped...you have know better by this point.
  • Crazy how Bub and Lowe have flipped. Bub was 2-11 and 0-5 from 3. I wonder if he's wearing down or if his confidence is a bit shot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News