ADVERTISEMENT

Lazinger's Lists - Hinson almost outscores L'vlle

jlazinger

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2011
And I thought the UVA game was fun! Some thoughts on a great night:
  • Glad the natives are catching up to the news that this team is good. Sounded like the house was rocking last night.
  • You can't not start with Hinson. I mean, 41 in 34 minutes. 9/13 from three and hit his free throws. He's been such a pleasure to watch and this type of night is exactly what makes us dangerous. He's impossible to guard when he's on like that.
  • I thought the defense was great last night save for that 9-0 run that they allowed at the start of the game. The score is much worse if Lville doesn't make 18/21 FTs. They made ONE 3.
  • Lost in all of this was some other great signs. Fede going for 8 and 8. Lowe and Bub shot poorly but combined for 13 dimes and 2 TOs. 22 ast to TO ratio! Just an all around butt kicking.
  • I still can't believe this team was 10-7 and 1-5. There is still work to do to get in for sure.
  • For those that missed Lunardi, he said winning our home games and winning one of Wake or Clemson would be enough for us to likely be in heading to the ACC tourney. This means we would be in good shape as long as we don't drop a bad game. That would be 21-10 and 12-8 in the ACC. I would have to agree that sounds like a tournament team.
  • The Wake game is a great opportunity. If we beat them and VT, we could head into the Clemson game ranked with 19 wins. Win the WF game and we just have to hold serve at home to get in and should be able to beat BC on the road.
  • Time to give Capel some credit. I'm sure it's harder having to coach a brand new team every year but he's found a groove with this squad. He has as many ACC wins this year and last than he had the first four years. Great turnaround.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News