ADVERTISEMENT

Lazinger's Lists - Recapping an Insane Weekend that Ends in disaster - Pitt misses the dance

jlazinger

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2011
Man, what an awful weekend to be a Pitt fan! Here are some thoughts:
  • I appreciate and love Hinson like I have not loved a Pitt bball player since probably DeJuan Blair. I'll always appreciate him coming back and enjoy what he gave us. But man is he going to regret that final stinker in a Pitt uni. In a game we only lost by 7, 2-12, 0-5 from 3 and 5 points is always going to sting.
  • I think we beat NCSU if we make it to the final. I don't think UVA and Duke losing early helped with perception of the ACC.
  • There is NO WORLD in a conference with Duke and UNC that the 4th place team should ever miss the tourney.
  • Realizing Clemson beat us head to head twice, we still finished higher and made it further in the ACC tourney. Head to head apparently doesn't matter with UVA getting in over us when we won on their floor. Pick a criteria and stick to it.
  • I don't see a world where we get Bub, Lowe, and Ish all back. I actually think we are more likely to lose Bub to the NBA than another program but all of the big dawgs are going to come knocking.
  • I hope the Steelers never draft another Pitt player. I have yet to see a single Steeler/Pitt fan not root for Porter, despite him being from Pittsburgh and choosing PSU. Kenny was treated like dog crap by the entire fan base, lied to and passed over, and then told he wouldn't be the starter.
  • Aaron Donald - nice move calling it a career. You won a super bowl, was the best defensive player of his generation, and he saves a little on his body. 4 DPOY awards. DROY. Pro bowler all 10 years. 8 time AP all pro. 40th all time in sacks despite playing in the middle of the line.
  • Hell of a turn around for Capel and this team. Can't ignore this team won 21 conference games total the first 4 years and won 26 the last 2.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News