ADVERTISEMENT

Lazinger's Lists - VT - 2023 - Another winnable game flushed down the toilet

jlazinger

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2011
What another awful, awful performance. So much for Pitt never quitting on Narduzzi. Since I was accused of getting concussed last week because my post was late, I wanted to get this one up early ha ha.
  • Pitt 82 - no musings. I think this is sort of my biggest takeaway from the game because a lot of us feel the one thing a football program can't afford - apathy.
  • Let's start with the QB again. When he hit Means on that bomb I had a quick glimmer of hope that maybe the rust was knocked off. No, it was not. There was a play in the first quarter I think where Means was running wide open on deep out...and Phil bounced the ball to him. This was already the THIRD game this season that he was at 50% completions or less. It's been obvious for a while now, but that 2020 season was an outlier. He's been under 60% completion in every season other than that one.
  • We had NINETEEN total non QB running plays against one of the worst run defenses in college football. I actually thought that Flemister was a bright spot if you squint hard enough.
  • I guess my second bullet where we only had 11 completed passes lats night sums it up but how does Mump and Bart get 7 total catches in a game that Means was hurt in?
  • I do feel like there are some pieces on defense even though it's not nearly enough. The amount of times we missed tackles for a loss last night in the backfield was likely a difference maker. I thought Lovelace, McMillon, DeShields, and Devonshire all had good games.
  • I'd really like to know wtf was going on during the drive when we missed a 50 yard FG. It's 3rd and 3. Run the ball and play with the 4 downs. It's a microcosm of this teams struggles all year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News